Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

has any one heard about???

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by HAERWEEDSLAYER, Feb 24, 2010.

1. hello GC im new to the medical card.. i recently heard that WICHITA KANSAS has medical cards now was wonderin if this is true or not..and was wonderin how i could go about getting one..:smoking:

2. Sorry hon, not quite yet! What you heard was a mangled version of this news article-

The Hays Daily News

Medical marijuana unlikely; guns a better shot in Legislature
    Published on -2/17/2010, 11:49 AM
    \t\t \t \t By MIKE CORN
    mcorn@dailynews.net
    Kansas residents likely won't be able to purchase marijuana to soothe what ails them, but it's possible they'll be able to purchase firearms without federal interference.
    That's the view from Rep. Jim Morrison, R-Colby, whose committee assignments and sponsorship put him in close contact with bills dealing with both issues.
    The medical marijuana bill, he said, won't fly given the Legislature just passed legislation that would ban a synthetic form of the drug K2.
    "I can't see us turning around and making legal marijuana," he said in a recent telephone interview. "I can't see the Legislature doing the opposite of that on marijuana.
    "If I was chairman of the committee, I wouldn't bring it up. Waste of time."
    Morrison, an optometrist in Colby, said there's little benefit to the drug, other than its ability to mask a person's problems.
    "That doesn't help people with glaucoma," he said. "There's just no legitimate medicinal use for it.
    "It makes you not care. The pain's still there, you just don't care."

(snipped- because the rest has just to do with the gun issue)

So, how about becoming a MMJ activist? Get a copy of my "Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List" (linked below) and email of all the Kansas politicians a steady supply of medical marijuana studies!

Here's your reps- Member Web Site Listing (by State) - United States House of Representatives, 111th Congress, 2nd Session

And the senators- U.S. Senate: Senators Home

I'm NOT going to pick the studies out for you- I have to let you have some of the fun! (But Alzheimer's, cancer and MS studies are good attention getters. :p )

:devious: Haven't you ever wanted to drive some of those prohibitionist politicians crazy? Here's your chance! There are enough studies and articles that you could send them one a day for a couple of years! :poke:

But unless you, and the other GCers from Kansas get busy, this bill has as much chance as a snowflake in a blast furnace! Either become an activist :hello:, or accept that it will be a very long wait until you get legal cannabis! :(

Your choice!

Granny :wave:

3. damn it that blows!!!! but my friend gets medical marijauna for his eyes from the doctor..??