Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 16, 2014.

1. #1 Deleted member 472633, Jan 16, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/15/harvey-weinstein-and-meryl-streep-making-movie-att/

"I saw a movie once where only the military and the police had guns, it was called Schindler's List" -fave comment.

So this will be Reefer Madness but with guns?

2. As long as it's about guns, everybody wins.

3. Bah, it's just sensationalist entertainment.  Don't get your panties in a bunch.  There are far bigger issues than the content of a Hollywood movie.

4. charlton heston > meryl streep

At what?  Certainly not acting. 

6. I prefer his filmography to hers.

7. :confused: :hide:

I see. You are a rarity.

9. I like how the NRA takes all of the blame for people disapproving of others hobbies.

Totally makes sense.

I've come across a lot of people with big mouths and big ideas that attempt to shame or discredit gun owners, but at the end of the day they're just another pathetic voice that isn't accomplishing shit.

Why not just be super badass social warriors and come take my property rather than cry about it for the next 5 years?

10. I agree if you are for gun control don't be a pussy and send a cop to try and take peoples guns away, grow a spine and try it yourself. 

11. "We can't sit down and have a debate and go over statistics and solutions, so we are going to pour millions of dollars into a sensationalized PSYOP piece to influence public opinion and villainize gun owners. But of course, we're fucking Hollywood and everybody loves us. Fuck you"

12. Same here!

There, now it's a much more accurate statement.  :D

I am pretty sure the NRA does not need a movie to wish Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep weren't alive

14. I am sure Weinstein has given Hitler a smile in his grave

<extreme sarcasm>
    <heel click> <open hand thrust forward>HEIL WEINSTEIN!!!
    </extreme sarcasm>

15. #15 Deleted member 472633, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    I think Mr. Weinstein has seen too many movies. So lets accept Harvey Weinsteins premise that guns should never be personally owned and should only be used when JEWS (notice he said MY PEOPLE) are about to suffer a genocide. Where do these good Jews get these guns? If only the military and police have guns and the military and police are the ones who are committing the genocide the how the fuck are the good guys supposed to get guns? This isn't a movie where guns show up conveniently especially in this world he describes where only police and soldiers have guns. BTW as a former Jew myself now agnostic leaning atheist I do not understand Jews who are pro gun control everybody has heard the tales of what happened in the Holocaust German jews were murdered by their own government and he only wants the government to own guns? 

Also I'll bet you Harvey Weinstein has armed bodyguards and so does Meryl Streep. 

16. Molon labe motherfucker! You want my gear? You can have all you like in short controlled bursts.

I agree with James Murray. If these bleeding hearts want our guns so bad, come and take them. But they won't, they will rely on the state to do their dirty work for them because the liberal anti gun crowd tend to be a bunch of pussies.

17. I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands...

Pussies that obviously aren't so paranoid, scared, and weak that they feel they need to be carrying 100% of the time.  What defines a "pussy" is a bit subjective.

19. Obviously very subjective basis I find nothing paranoid, scared or weak about exercising you rights and protecting yourself.

20. Ugh. More extremists fighting extremists. I'm a gun owner but I think the NRA is just another bullshit political lobbying group that's more about money than principle. As a gun owner and a libertarian, I believe in some gun regulations (mental health tests, training) but I do believe you should be allowed to have an assault rifle if you pass the proper tests. The NRA says everyone should own a gun and Harvey says nobody should own a gun. Where's the sane people?