harvesting w/o killing

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by EJM1990, Nov 13, 2009.

1. #1 EJM1990, Nov 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2009
    iv searched this forum for similar results but iv been unfortunate to find any, if there is a thread already about this i apologize ahead of time

anyways, I have started growing marijuana for the first time this year (im a newb) and iv done everything right so far, my plants have been flowering for more then month now and the hairs on some of the buds are starting to turn an amber color (time to harvest)

so my question is, is there any way i can harvest my plant without chopping it to pieces and killing it (other then cloning)? I love this plant, its super silver, and im am not sure if i can recycle the same plant and continue growing it after it has flowered.

pics:
    [​IMG] (600 watt HPS)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The hairs are not very important, watch the tricomes with a pocket microscope, when 50 to 60% amber then it's time to cut. Normaly 8 weeks to 10! If you see the hairs normaly 80% or more red or brown.
    The other question, some people harvest the plant leaving only the bottom branches and small leafs, and then wait for the plant to grow again, they cut 2/3 of the plant. Never done this but i read that.

3. That plant is no where near done. You should also never harvest based on trich color. Get a magnifying glass if you have one and once all of the trichs turn milky, or start to turn amber, then it is time to harvest. You can harvest with more milky or more amber based on your own preferences

Also without experience with it before you may butcher your plant and itll just die. But if you're careful to just remove the buds (without cutting off any foliage) you may be able to go through another cycle of buds.

4. ok thanks, i didnt think it was ready to be harvested yet - i had talked to a friend of mine i work with who is really good with growing and he also told me, harvest 2/3 of the plant leaving the bottom of the plant to provide nutrients for the rest

5. I appreciate the guidance :gc_rocks: ill update when possible