Harvesting this hash, someone please help? :)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by tyjar6, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hello! So i'll try to sum this down quick. I have starting making hash oil with isopropyl alcohol. It is a common method, either that or with Acetone. So basically i'm just making a small small small amount because I wanted to try it as I am a newbie with this. I used i'd say about .5-.7. With not a lot but enough alcohol. I started exactly 2 hours ago, been shaking for about 3 minutes every 30 minutes. Inside it is already a very dark dark dark green color. This is good weed too, not mids, danks. This got me completely blasted out of my ass which made me decide to use it for the hash test!:D

So my question's are,

Since its a small amount should I let it soak for more than over a day?

When its done soaking and I have to put it out in a dish for everything to dry, if I leave the weed scraps behind and let them dry out with the hash and then scrape it will that work?

Its a very small amount so I was thinking maybe instead of just scraping the hash, let all the weed dry out too and I could smoke that with the little hash ball this produces?

I've seen people do it with a gram of good and get a decent sized amount.

Let me know what you think and I appreciate all the help! Thanks!:D

2. any soak time over and hour is definitely overkill. your iso hash is gonna be black and taste like shit, I've been there

alot of people do quick 30-second washes, hence the name "Qwiso" - 'quick wash iso'.
    you can do a second wash to pick up anything else. a second quick wash will ensure that no more than a few percent of the total thc remain. and ALOT less gunk

3. I dont know much about making hash but shaking 3 mins every 30 minutes would just ruin ur hash u only need to shake once for under 2 minutes so make the 2 minute shake worth it

4. [quote name='"tyjar6"']Hello! So i'll try to sum this down quick. I have starting making hash oil with isopropyl alcohol. It is a common method, either that or with Acetone. So basically i'm just making a small small small amount because I wanted to try it as I am a newbie with this. I used i'd say about .5-.7. With not a lot but enough alcohol. I started exactly 2 hours ago, been shaking for about 3 minutes every 30 minutes. Inside it is already a very dark dark dark green color. This is good weed too, not mids, danks. This got me completely blasted out of my ass which made me decide to use it for the hash test!:D

So my question's are,

Since its a small amount should I let it soak for more than over a day?

When its done soaking and I have to put it out in a dish for everything to dry, if I leave the weed scraps behind and let them dry out with the hash and then scrape it will that work?

Its a very small amount so I was thinking maybe instead of just scraping the hash, let all the weed dry out too and I could smoke that with the little hash ball this produces?

I've seen people do it with a gram of good and get a decent sized amount.

Let me know what you think and I appreciate all the help! Thanks!:D[/quote]

Your hash is now shit and you would have got less then .01 of a gram

5. Yeah bro, you fucked yourself with your technique. First off, use more weed. At least dedicate a half eigth or so. Only let it sit for 30 sec or so then strain ALL of the plant material if you want good hash. If you roll it back into the hash then you absolutely defeat the point of making hash and might as well smoke the bud you used to make it. You can still save the leftover weed to smoke when your out but its really terrible and you dont really get high. Hope i helped!

6. If u use iso for hash you need to just cover whatever you are are using with iso (in a jar etc) and shake for 30 seconds only then pour through a coffee filter into a pyrex cake dish and place a fan to blow over the dish until all the iso has evaporated. Use a razor blade to scrape the gooey stuff out of the dish and enjoy

7. Depends entirely on what you're trying to produce. Do you want really pure hash, or do you want as much hash as possible? If you want good pure hash you're going to need to drastically reduce your soaking time. I see a lot of people saying 30 seconds... That's too long. Put your weed in the jar. Soak it with alcohol. Shake it for 5 seconds. strain it. Freeze it for 24 hours. Strain it. Let it evaporate for 24 hours. Scrape it, and smoke it.

If you soak it for any longer then 5 seconds, you're going to get a lot of impurities in your hash.