Harvesting soon...need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rockhardnugs, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Alright guys, I'm harvesting in a little over a week (will post pics soon). Started off with 4 plants....3 of them were females. 2 of the females got stolen and I'm left with only one female. THank god I put it in a different location then the others. Neways, due to my circumstances, the only place I will be able to dry my herb is in the basement. It gets around 50 degrees down there so it's nice and cool...not humid at all. Is this too cold for drying conditions? It seems fine to me but I just wanted to make sure and any input you guys have is appreciated.

Also, I know each strain is different, but how much would one normally expect to harvest off a plant a little under 3 feet? Just an estimate.

2. I personally dry at 72 degrees. Make sure it is dark or as little light as possible. Pull off all of the larger fan leaves and then hang the whole plant for 3-5 days. Then you can start final trimming process and then let the buds dry. If you plan on curing them at all just let the buds dry and then put them in a tupper ware container loosely. Put a lid on it and at least once a day open the lid and let the fresh air in. I usually do this for at least 4 days but most times I do it for 10. Your bud is ready to smoke when you can take a piece of stock and it makes a snapping sound when it breaks in half. Good luck.

3. thanks for the help guys

4. to add. The longer it takes to dry out your plants the smoother the smoke will be. Some growers actually take up to 6 weeks to dry their plants.

5. WOw....how do they maintain the herb to be dry for that long? I always have a problem with my herb drying to fast. Any other methods to keep the herb moist other than using an orange peel? An inexpensive method preferably.

6. no shit 420shade...never knew that. Yeah, that probably won't affect the taste of the weed....thanks man...learned something new today