harvesting question

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by chikkybabe, Nov 11, 2003.

1. im now 3 weeks into flowering...

i imagine the buds at the tops of my plants will be ready first, so i would like to harvest the top buds when theyre ready and then leave the bottom ones on for a while longer to allow them more time to mature (and theyll have more light)...is this a common harvesting strategy?

most of them are 6 ft tall so the light isnt getting to the bottom buds as well as id like....

as huge thankyou to all who have helped me in the past...my growroom looks f**kn wicked at the moment...

2. i dont see why it should be a problem, i suppose it would be regenerating but not really. i suppose you would have to feed them something high in P, how much longer though would you try to grow the bottom buds since they would technically be the same age as the harvested top budz?

3. i have no idea..i read this technique in a grow guide ages ago and it sort of stuck with me....i was hoping that some of u guys might have tried it...or at least have an idea of what i might expect...

4. yes that works..does kind of stress the plant a bit but that far itno flowering it wont effect your bud that much. If you want to get off scot free though, I'd try tying it down to allow light to them lower leaevs..

5. normally the last thing to mature in a budding plant is the top cola , if you havnt trimmed any big fan leaves off you can take most of them off now to allow light to reach the bottom.Try taking them off alternatly on either side of the plant .Normal flowering for most plants is 8 weeks for indicas maybe 9 for sativas so dont crop yet !!!! the sign to look for is the white hairs ( stigmas ) when the top cola ( bud ) looks 75% brown with a tuft of white on top then the plant is ready , the bottom buds will be just overdone by now but the strength ( thc ) will not be affected.

6. i cut alot of the larger fan leaves in half a week or so ago coz i didnt have room to do any tieing down...this seems to have helped somewhat with the light problem...

so the top cola is last 2 mature......i assumed it would b the other way round 4 sum reason...ill try moving them around a little today to see if i can improve the situation a little, ima bit hesitant to trim leaves again...

like i said it will b 4 weeks into flowering in a few days and i dont expect them to b ready 4 at least another 3 weeks...the buds are just starting t thicken up now...

im so excited im gonna burst!!!

Grasscity Deals Near You