Harvesting question.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by toolzor, Aug 8, 2018.

1. I did not attach any pictures because I can't really get any trichome shots with this loupe that I have, so I will describe it as best as I can.

I am growing one unknown strain, one ghost ship, and two northern lights auto flowers.

All four plants are the same age, and the photo plants were put into flower right about the same time that the auto flowers started flowering.

A few simple observations here

Unknown strain: Has an abundance of red/orange hairs, trichomes are milky, no amber trichomes that I can tell.

Ghost Ship: trichomes are milky, no amber that I can tell, 95%+ of the pistils are still white, very very few red/orange hairs.

NL Autoflowers: These plants I'm the least concerned with, I did not take very good care of them, and they had a bad case of fox tailing. Most of the trichomes are milky, no amber that I can see. Hairs are about 50/50 red/orange.

My question is this, I'm going for the most potency, most ideal times to harvest. I'm thinking that's a week to two weeks from now, so I have begun flushing. How important are the pistil coloration over the trichome development?

I am attaching several pictures, but obviously they are not trichome pictures. Am I ready to flush? Or do I still have a few weeks to go?

8-7 (3), 8-7 (4), and 8-7 (5) are of the unknown and ghost ship strains.
    8-7 (1), 8-7 (2) and 8-7 (6) are the northern lights autoflowers that I did not take very good care of.

Attached Files:

2. If the hairs haven’t started receding yet then normally you have some swelling to do still but that’s not always true. I say keep an eye on those Trichomes and when you start to see one or two here and there with some amber on them, chop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. That's what I ended up doing, I saw one or two wherever I looked, so I chopped it several days ago.

4. When in your grow did you do the aggressive defoliation?

Looks good btw

5. Second week of flower. Then snipping here or there to open up the canopy a bit. Couple leaves a day throughout.

6. I have yet to harvest the smaller plants in the small area, they seem a little behind the crop in my 4x4, but they are getting chopped tonight, since I needed another drying rack. I did not for a second think I would fill up that whole rack, even further from my mind was thinking I would have to order another one..

Attached Files: