Harvesting Question?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Canadianguy48, May 5, 2012.

1. I was going to harvest this weekend but I was reading now about leaving in darkness for 2 or 3 days before hand?Another thing is should I trim before it's dry of after?I have always trimmed before I hung.It's on 8 or so weeks flowering..

2. I give my plants 48 hours of darkness before harvest and it helps. And I always trim before I hang it to dry.

3. I've done a lot of reading on wet vs dry trim as I'm approaching my first harvest. It depends on your drying conditions and your objectives.....ie. faster dry/cure or quality. If you want a nice smooth smoke, a longer more gradual dry is recommended, 7-10 days. If you are drying in low humidity and want a slower dry, many growers will hang the entire plant with only fan leaves removed (or sometimes even with fan leaves left on), so that moisture from the stem and leaves get drawn into the plant, prolonging the dry.

Personally, I will be trimming after drying as the humidity is quite low where I am and with my furnace running, humidity in my house never gets above 25%.....my buds would likely dry in 3-4 days in those conditions, so I am going to try and prolong the dry for a few days.

My suggestion would be to gear your drying method towards your environment. With so much time invested, I figure a few extra days of drying is totally worth it if it will provide a smoother smoke. :)