Harvesting question need help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sneaky_castro, Oct 20, 2013.

1. So a couple of friends have been telling me I need to let the first frost hit it before I chop it down...but I am skeptical of this because frost and freezing kills things but they said it will make it more potent and taste better...is there any truth to that?

So any help from anyone who is familiar with this topic will be much appreciated

2. Think of it this way, either way its going to be dead right?  If its not ready now you aren't going to hurt anything letting it go as long as you can.  I recommend leaving it although I've only done indoor grows so maybe someone else who has gone through frost can chime in.

3. What are the day and night temps outdoor right now

BigC

4. Days are mid 60's and it's mid to lower 40's at nite Wednesday it's supposed to be up 50's in the day and 35 at nite

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Have your friends grown before...?
    My experience with frost has been bad usually. Ive had some plants survive frost and others i went back to too find basically mush, i personally believe this is all strain dependent and what not.
    But just because a plant can survive frost doesnt mean its good for it.

I mean..why do you think people pick strains that finish before the frost? Because its not good for the plant.

I say tell your friends they dont know what theyre talking about and to get some knowledge before spouting off facts they most likely are pulling out of thin air

And to you i say, let it go as long as you can but dont let the frost get to it, harvest before frost..

Got any pics of your plant(s)?

6. What strain and how long have they been flowering?

7. Correction it's supposed to b 32 Wednesday nite

8. than u are going to have to cut them down

BigC

9. Yes I got pics but I don't know how to upload still new and trying to figure out everything on this site...

The strain is ch9 female seeds white shark 33 and today makes week 8 of flower

10. Im not familiar with that strain but at 8 weeks flowering it should be pretty close to finished if not finished if its indica dominant. Harvest between today and tuesday.

If youre on the app theres a little pic of a mountain you press under where you type to attach pics

On PC at the top where you can mess with the font and stuff theres a small pic of a mountain you can use that but you would have to upload your pic to imgur first. Or press "advanced reply" then the "add attachment" and go from there

11. Thanks BigC

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382285276.474390.jpg

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382285360.624630.jpg

14. Thanks this is my second grow first time with real strains that's the cola the whole plant is 52inches been feeding with general organics

15. You should get a couple oz if theres good branching on it since 52in is like 4-5 ft i think. Stay with the organics too man, will never be disappointed with organics.

Enjoy that harvest and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Hopefully we'll see you back next year doing a full out grow journal.

16. That's the plan I'm in the process of saving money and trying to move somewhere where the laws are a little bit more relaxed like Colorado or something...So you don't for see get a Qp It's got good branching I've lst some branches but not all of them which could've been a mistake but that's what it's all about trail and error

17. I could see a possible qp coming from it. I mean i didnt see pics of the whole plant so dont take my word on that but a normal 4-5ft plant with branching can easily produce that.

18. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382286970.500287.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382287034.799724.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1382287093.799852.jpg