Harvesting Noob: Are my Trichomes cloudy or clear?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChalupaBatman110, Sep 19, 2020.

1. First time grower here, I haven't harvested ever. Working on a blue cheese auto seed that has been in coco coir for almost 3 months. I initially had issues with not feeding the plant as a seedling so I believe I stunted growth a bit, regardless she grew and seems pretty strong. I wanted to see if i could get help figuring out if I am ready to harvest. I believe the trichomes are not ready yet but wanted to double check; appreciate the help.

Below are the details:

Time so Far: planted into a 4 gallon pot on 6/24
    Light Schedule: 18 on 6 off (I have photo clones so its for them to reveg)
    Soil: Organic coco coir
    Nutrients: She was on the MaxiGrow for first 6 weeks, now on MaxiBloom
    Water: tap water, ph is around 7
    Light Distance: 18 inches
    PH Runoff: ~ 6.3
    Tent Size: 3 x 3 feet
    Grow Light: viparspectra 300w
    Temperature Range: I have it maintained at a range of 85 degrees Fahrenheit
    Humidity Range: started high around 55%
    Ventilation: I have two fans running, one blowing near the plants and another exhausting

Attached Files:

2. They are starting to become fully cloudy. I would expect to harvest within 1-2 weeks.

3. Looks like the are turning cloudy. This is when I start watching them closely. I read my plants....looking for 20 to 30% amber and cloudy....that’s what I do. Give it a week and then see what you have.

4. they look clear to me usually with cloudy you will have some amber. i would check every 3 days or so but i think you still have 2 to 3 weeks.

5. Thanks for quick response guys. Should i begin a flush?

6. i like to pull buds off at different stages before harvest i will let it dry for a day or so and try it, its not the best but it will give you an idea of when the perfect trichome mix is good for you.

7. how many times a week do you water or feed

• Like Like x 1
  8. yeah it's around 2-3 weeks out, flush now.

9. hey guys, putting in an update. I've been checking them every three days and here is what they look like now. I think we are really close right? They seem cloudy to me.

Attached Files:

10. I still see clear and ones starting to cloud up. You really can only tell once they are all cloudy or most of em, then it's usually a week from then.

11. Hey guys throwing another update. Took these today, I have been flushing for the last 7 days. What do you think?

Attached Files: