Harvesting late?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Telebubbies, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Hey. I am growing some AK 47, seeds from ILGM, and they say that flowering is usually 64 days. Tomorrow is its 64th day, and it looks ready to be harvested! (brown hairs & amber trichomes). Now my question is, what will happen if I flower it for longer? I have heard of people saying that if you keep it in flower for about 2 weeks after your meant to harvest, it will deliver a more powerful couchlock high.
    Does anyone harvest that late & can you tell me about your experience?

Thanks!

2. You can't go by breeders recommended flowering times. It is a loose guideline. Do you have pics of the entire plant, buds and close-up of the trichs? Hairs are turning brown but have they receded back into the bud? Still have white pistils or new pistil growth? Where are you checking trichs? In the bud or on sugar leaves?
    I had a 7-9 week strain go 11.5 wks. Use the breeder times as an idea of when they are getting close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. @Telebubbies
    Let go the plants simply start to die off. All the fans will die followed by the sugars and then the buds will start to brown and dies back as well.
    It'll be very apparent the plant is past it's prime cut day-week. Smell drops off a bunch too.
    BNW

4. Let them go until there's almost no new pistil activity on the uppermost buds and the feed rate slows way down. Then it's ready.

People are way too obsessed with timing a harvest in some kind of percieved perfect window. I've always been happy when I let a plant go longer. I've never once regretted it thinking, "I wish I would have cut it down 2 weeks ago." That just doesn't happen. Maybe if you push the limits of overripe but that is very difficult to do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. do you really want to fly that display pic. ? you support north korea ?

6. If anything, I am making fun of them. If I was in North Korea I would be put into a camp.
    Also, it matches my username. As it is the teletubby sun.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I caught what u were doing with the avatar. I find it hilarious