Harvesting help.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Rustyspartan, May 7, 2013.

1. Here is a pic of my baby. She is 50 days into flower. Am planning on harvesting top bud in 10 days. D u people think it is wise or let her go for a while. I Started noticing the smell is getting stronger and smelling like weed and some parts of bud are Getting fat maybe 20%. Red hairs is about 50/50. Don't know trichomes cause I'm not buying a microscope and wife probably won't let me spend any more money on this project lol. Trichomes from the naked eye do look like 60% cloud or I could be just a little high. Plant is also starting to lean pretty good to so I'm taking it that it is getting heavy....no shit.

Attached Files:

2. LoL. Thank God huh?

LoL. This is another funny. Pretty sure you are kinda high.

But with all funnies aside though, it's hard to predict what it looks like on something that requires 40x magnification. But judging from that pic though, you want to wait until those white hairs recede; meaning they keep getting fatter until most of those white hairs are grown into the bud and when it's like 20perc of those hairs left, then that's when you would consider harvesting the cola.

Another option is to borrow a few of your friend's magnifying glass. If you stack 3-4 magnifying glasses in a row, it might be somewhat doable - I never tried it but then again I could be high too:: haha.

Bottom line, it'll be another month imo.

3. Ok thanks. Maybe I'll harvest them when I get back from trip to Hamilton

4. Dude, you can get a good pocket scope for like $25. Why guess and ruin a harvest when you can nail your harvest window (and every one for future grows) with a $25 purchase? No-brainer IMO....you cant judge anything based on hairs or smell, you need to be able to see the trichs to properly judge ripeness.