Harvesting help.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Grifter0808, Apr 4, 2013.

1. I'm growing a 60 day wonder autoflower and I'm at 76 days and I'm having to cut it down now, whether I want to or not. My question is in the first pic that's my main cola and are those three or four little mounds on top of my bud where the calayxes (sp?) need to swell more? I've been going by trich color and I'm approx or in better words maybe 50/50 clear cloudy. I've seen a few amber but not many. This is my second grow and wanted to know if I'm messing up my yields/potency/ anything? Also just by the pics does it look mature enough to take? When I hang it will some of those trichs that are cloudy turn amber and clear turn cloudy? Im Having to take it down tonight and am just wondering did I grow a pretty bud that's going to smell like hay and taste like by not letting it go?

image-4059469622.jpg

image-2991330330.jpg

image-3745983043.jpg

image-2084478324.jpg

image-2352353692.jpg

]

2. Shitty pics sorry.

3. not my most knowledgeable topic, but they def look good. could use a few more days. if you have to harvest immediately, put it in darkness for a day or two. then harvest. this will push all resin, i believe, to buds because the plant makes a last ditch effort to collect pollen in order to procreate

4. It'll be in dark for 24hrs at 8 tonight. I knew I was going to have to cut her, so as of the pics it's been almost 24hrs of dark. I've read a lot people say do it and some say it doesn't matter but since I had no more time I'm just making a last ditch effort to make it produce. So I put it in dark not knowing if its helping or not.

5. Yeah I agree. Obviously I like to smoke but this has turned into a real hobby. If it were a job I'd have as many plants as I could handle. One or two plants of some good shit, will benefit me more than a shit load of it. Couldn't sell that much if I wanted to, also I've heard a long time in jail sucks. I looked at your plants they look nice and healthy. You don't know the strain? You said it's bag seed? They look nice and healthy either way. I may have missed it but medium do you grow in?

6. they each have a 5g BB dwc

7. might buy some seeds next grow SCROG setup. thinking bout it. just wanted to get my feet wet first lol

8. Yeah I'm not gonna lie the seed buying was nerve racking. Obviously I don't if you have access to clones or quality seeds but I had to order overseas. The pics are an autoflower 60 day wonder. I also have 1 freeze chesse 89 and ch9 vintage 2006 they gave me for free and another NL /blueberry autoflower. I think I'm going to try and take a few clones off the 89 and the 2006 so I don't have to order more seeds.

9. if you have the room, was thinking of doing this too because i have another extra closet we don't use, just keep some mother plants in a blocked off section. year round clones. don't think you can clone an autoflower though. could be wrong, you should check up on that

10. Yeah I know you can't clone the auto. I was saying my other two I mentioned which are just feminized seeds. My northern lights auto is going to be grown like this one. If you do get some seeds, I really like the autos. They flower automatically and quick very short veg time. So you can focus all your time getting your bloom nutes right and makes some fat buds but the other side of that is your only going to get a 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz.

11. oz per plant. that's all im looking for. nice. gonna look into that.

12. #13 Grifter0808, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    Shit man. I know I said an oz a plant my wet weight came to 486g so even if 75% dries up I'm good with 3oz.

image-1557732438.jpg

image-2929473374.jpg

image-2849653632.jpg

That's not including the bowl of shit buds I have.

image-3141825352.jpg

13. thats beautiful bro. congrats.

14. Thats an auto like I was saying. One plant and as we were saying, that off one plant is straight. They are real easy to grow to, real tuff bitches. Anyway I'm done for a week or two till the next one so I'm watching your grow now. Make them bitches fire bro.

15. tryin. lol thanx bro

16. +Rep for frosty nugs. that shit is gonna be delicious

17. That had a lot to do with the temps at the end. Two weeks or so, my lights off temps were mid 60s. Maybe a little genetic also, but definitely noticed a difference in the last 2 weeks.

18. nice. that's what my temp runs. 63-67 steady all night. just spent a few minutes in my room. was able to get my light 3 inches away. temp at 73. gonna check it in a bit and make sure its ok. just covers both plants perfectly

19. What lights are you running?