Harvesting half of one plant at a time??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by lmikelowrey, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Hello and thanks for attempting to answer my question. I understand from many experienced growers that you can make one strand of bud different jus on the time that you decide to harvest( The colors of the trichromes.) Anyways..here's my question. If i had a plant that the top half trichromes are barely turning amber. And i want to harvest earlier to get that more energetic, uplifting high...can i cut the plant in half and harvest those top buds, and then let the bottom buds keep flowering in order to get the majority of the trichromes amber-red?? And if my info. of harvesting at different times for different highs is wrong please tell me. Any tips are greatly appreciated. THANKS!:)

2. yep

lower buds can go another 2 weeks in some cases.

Sems~

3. #3 Mr. MJ, Oct 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2008
    It can be done, but I'm gonna tell you like my mentor told me.

"Leave that shit alone and quit fuckin' with it til it's ready!"

:D

All jokes aside, if you pick early you'll just be screwing yourself over. The high will be light and incomplete, and won't last very long. Not to mention, they don't put on any real weight until the last 2 weeks, so letting them finish is the only way you're going to get a proper yield. You've been growing this thing and giving it love and care for months... don't fuck it all up now because you're getting impatient.

...been there.... ain't worth it.

4. Thanks for the help man..i jus wanted to harvest sooner for the more energetic buzz..not cuz i need the weed faster..jus wanted to see if i would like that better

5. Well, you might, but I seriously doubt it. If you like a long lasting high, let it go IMO. Nothing wrong with experimenting to see what you like, but if you ask me people make too big of a deal about amber/couchlock. A lotta new growers hear this stuff and wanna pick early for that "energetic high."

IMO, harvesting early just gives an incomplete high - not necessarily "up" or "energetic," just incomplete. At mostly cloudy, no amber... all I get is a lightweight head buzz, and it's gone in 45 minutes. You may react differently.

I always recommend to let 'em get 50% amber.

6. Well i will take your advice completely, I'll harvest at 50% or more. Thanks for the knowledge, and I hope i'm not zoned out on the couch!

7. i have heard of people doing this