Harvesting for a cerebral high

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Heliotrope, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I am in the middle of an indoor fluorescent soil grow (some White Widow, some Aurora Indica). I've just switched to 12/12. My question: when (in terms of trichome color, or any other indicator you recommend) would it be best to harvest these in order to end up with a cerebral "up" smoke, rather than a clubbed-in-the-head couchlock smoke? I'm not too worried about the WW, but I know that AI is known mainly for its heavy narcotic effect (I'm only growing it because it's what the seed bank sent me by mistake, oh well), but I wonder whether anyone has tried to harvest AI early, and, if so, whether the high was still as couchlocky as usual. I'm growing strictly for personal use, so yields don't mean as much to me as the quality of the high. Thanks.

2. harvest when your trichs are mostly cloudy for the more heady high. amber trichs will get you the heavier narcotic high. gl

3. For the AI you should look to harvest at when about 10-20% of the trichs are amber to give it a heady high, however as you are aware Indicas are notorious for the couch-locked, sledgehammer to the dome style highs. If you are concerned about this, you could try putting the AI stuff in edibles which might help keep you "up" during the high.

4. Thanks for the advice, guys. I'll experiment with different harvesting times and methods of consumption, and report the results here.

5. Do it to it!

6. Keep a nice eye on it. Always better to chop later than earlier

7. not if he wants head high, better to chop sooner then later. but yea, you could be forfeiting some weight. Bud can really pack it on last 2 weeks or so.