harvesting early

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kaze420, Mar 25, 2009.

1. If harvested early on with only a few of the pistils turned color, the buds will have a more pure THC content and less of the cannabinoids CBD and CBN. The later, non-psychoactive cannabinoids contribute to create the bouquet of the marijuana, and modulate the overall nature of the high from anywhere from purely psychedelic to purely sedative.

copy paste from wikipedia

so if you harvest early then you will get the psychedelic high

2. In theory??...

3. #3 kaze420, Mar 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
    is it more of a head high then?

does anybody know of any tests that support this
    if you harvested and dry just a bit and smoked would it have max thc?
    i mean just dry enough to burn. not all of it of course

also would stressing out the plant the last few days produce more thc

for maximum psychedelic high

4. This is true, but with a caveat that may have been elsewhere on the wikipedia page: you will maximize THC by harvesting early within the range of full maturity for that plant. This does NOT mean you can harvest an immature plant to get maximum THC.

The only way to reliably know when to harvest is by examining the trichomes under magnification.

5. Your best bet is to quick-dry a sample and see for yourself. The cured bud will be much stronger and more flavorful, of course, but the quick-dry will give you an idea.

The alternative is to harvest in sections. When you think you're ready, harvest 1/3rd or 1/5th of your harvest, whichever you prefer. Harvest the next portion 5-6 days later and so on and so on.

As long as you keep each harvested section separate, you'll have samples of each stage of maturity. Test them and harvest at that stage of maturity next time.

I have 5 Cinderella-99 clones running right now. If I harvest her early, it will most likely be too racey for even someone like myself. I'll be doing the quick-dry test this first run to determine when the medicinal content is right for me.

6. I really dont think your gunna get a Psychodelic High from MJ

Ive read cutting it early is more of a head high and cutting it late is more of a body high