Harvesting/Drying Smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GrowMeowMeow, Jul 13, 2008.

1. I'm planning on getting a Carbon filter for my Flower Room, how does this one look? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160229575437 Would that be enough for 140 Cubic Feet Flower room to control temps for a 1000w HPS?

Anyways, I'm wondering if I need a carbon filter for my drying closet or can I get by without one? What do you think?

2. You're gonna want something a little more powerful to cool a 1000w light. Probably at least 500 cfm fan with a filter, bubt you can make the filter for less than 100usd.

As for your drying room, just get a cheap air ionizer. They're like 40 bucks at home depot and works great for my drying.

3. Ok just saw it say 660 cfm... im a retard.

If you trust ebay on that go for it. Its always better to go bigger than you think you need to with fans and cooling.

4. Thanks for the info on my flower room ventilation. Do you think there's any reason I shouldn't trust this on ebay? If you were to buy a fan/blower and make a filter, what would you use, or can you refer me to a thread on how to build a large filter?

As for the flower room, I know I need lots of ventilation and odor removal. Once I harvest, and hang my plants to dry in my closet for a week, do you think I'll need a carbon scrubber for that too, or will odor not be too big of a problem/tolerable?

5. this ebay sellers carbon scrubbers work just fine however the fans he sells with them are cheapos. buy a scrubber from him without the fan and then buy a vortex fan that will fit it. you can find a deal on vortex's on ebay.

8" opening on scrubber would require an 8" vortex etc.

I have 267 sq feet in my grow space and use a carbon scrubber with a 449 cfm 6" vortex. I am running 800-1200 watts at all times and my grow space temps stay in the 70's. it is more than enough to cycle fresh air through every couple minutes.

I harvest and dry in my flower space. let it hang dry 4-5 days, then paper bag for 1-2 days then to glass jars for the cure. I have to do it this way due to the smell. when drying, it smells more like cut hay. when curing, it smells more like green ganja. they will emit stink when you open them to burp. in my case, I want all that smell to stay in my grow space to be carbon scrubbed before exhausting outside.

I even keep the curing jars in a cabinet in my grow room because they emit odor when burping them.

hope this helps.

regards,
    linedrivr