Harvested - Nirvana Blue Dream Indoor Grow, Nebula's Manifold

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheUltimateNoob, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Gave her a feed at pH 6.6 today.

Started using my cheap tds meter to see how much I can feed her without getting burnt tips... I may have been underfeeding my plants a bit by the measurements I took with the original dose of nutes... I added a bit more of each part and got the ppm up to 481.

Next watering will be plain water, and the feed after I'll try a slightly higher ppm, maybe 570.

The skewer sticking out is so I can keep track of how she's growing, I want to flip her once she reaches just over the top of it. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

2. Took off a handful of fan leaves... I'm getting impatient, lol.

I think I'll let some branches grow out and clone them once I flip - an idea given to me by @capitolp, thanks bro!

I know someone that will plant them outdoors and loves to grow but isn't really interested in buying seeds - just loves gardening, so I think it would be a nice trial run before my Bonsai mother is ready.

Here's what she looks like now. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looking great in there man!!

P

• Like Like x 1
  4. #64 TheUltimateNoob, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Opened up the Grow Box and was surprised to find that some of the fan leaves were already grown pass the height I was going for, lol...
    So I did some leaf tucking and the growth tips are almost there.

I'll give her some water tonight and let her have 1 more 18/6 schedule before the flip... I'll also defoliate her fan leaves and remove some suckers off the center mains - some of them caught up so I'm leaving majority of them on for flower. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Gave her the last major defoliation and some water at pH 6.6

This is her last veg light cycle... I plan to flip tomorrow afternoon.

There are about 5 or 6 cloning candidates that I've chosen... They're below the desired canopy level so I'll just clip them soon and try to root. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. Finally got a 6" circulation fan, got some decent air movement inside the box now.

I want to run the light cycle from 6pm to 6am to keep the temps down... Will give her a feed tomorrow and take cuttings in a few days.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. Beautiful

P

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thanks bro

9. Looking great dude!

Is that a freedom farms pot? You from SA?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Haha, yes and yes, Proudly.

11. It's been a while, she's been under 12/12 for about 5 days now.

Gave her a feed at pH 6.5, considering getting a carbon filter for flower, there's gonna be a lot more bud in here this round. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. What mix is your medium? Looks like alot of perlite.

13. It's Freedom Farms Formula 1 Soil mix.

I added a layer of Perlite on the soil a while back because the waterings were displacing too much of the top soil..

I had some extra Perlite and I figured it would look nice also, so I used it.

I pulled this from a site that sells the soil mix I use.

"Freedom Farms Formula 1 Growing Medium has no additional nutrients apart from our base amendment mixture. The performance of the Freedom Farms Formula 1 Growing Medium blend depends on the application of available nutrients in the form of a balanced inorganic nutrient formulation. Application is required with the first watering and subsequent additions according to the plant’s requirement. A leaching requirement or runoff is necessary with every other nutrient application to avoid salt build-up. Water scheduling for this soil will require more regular watering when opting for fast growth.

Application:

– Ideal for container growing
    – Indoor or Greenhouse cultivation
    – High intensity production with automated fertigation
    – Balanced nutrient solution input essential

Ingredients: Coco Coir, Worm Castings, Perlite (30%), Volcanic Rock Dust, Bone meal, Gypsum, Fermented probiotic bran."

14. Today is the end of the first week of 12/12. I gave her a feed when the lights came on at pH 6.7 - a bit higher than I aimed for but I didn't want to use pH Up & pH Down in the same solution.

A minor defoliation was done 2 days ago but a portion of the canopy didn't reach the rest of the growth tips so I'm giving them a week or so into flower to see if they catch up - if they don't, I'll snip them off, including anything else below the level I'm aiming for.

I tied her down a bit more after I defoliated to bring down the height slightly, and I now have a more efficient use of space in this box.

I added a new extraction fan to the grow box as well, way more than I need but I have it hooked up on low speed and its much quieter than the server fan I had - mainly because its balanced and lighter. You can see the fan and its placement in the last 3 pictures.

I also took some cuttings to clone when I gave her the major defoliation about a week ago, I'm letting them root in my cloning chamber to see if I can successfully clone a plant...

I plan on giving most of them away anyway and running the "Inzane in the Membrane" by Ethos Genetics next.

Thanks to everyone that's along for the ride or stopped by for a read.

Enjoy!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. I think the stretch is starting off now... Lowered some of the colas a bit and I plan to remove the lower growth in a few days... Its getting hard to rotate her in this space anymore with the wall to wall coverage.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. I couldn't help it... I took off most of the branches that didn't catch up and lollipopped her... Also tied her down a bit more to create some space in there... Will give her a feed tomorrow.

I think I could use a shorter veg time next run, lol. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. #77 TheUltimateNoob, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    I got impatient and cut off the lower bud sites and then gave her a feed... Got a nicely spaced canopy and pretty much the entire box is filled now... Just to sit and wait... And feed, lol.

Edit: I did some lst to space the middle colas out like that... I may take off more bud sites if they don't stretch enough to catch enough light.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Okay so I'm growing into what could be a major problem...

The plant looks great, nice preflowers and the stretch has taken off.

The issue is that I'm around 20cm from my lights, no signs of heat stress - probably thanks to the new circulation fan - but I'm sure it's way too much light for her.

I ordered a Mars grow tent, 70x70x160cm... I wanted an 80x80 but there aren't any nice ones at a decent price so I went with this one. I need the extra height.

The par values of my light can be seen in the last pic. Let's hope the tent gets here soon. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Same tent as mine bro. You gonna love it!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Awesome! I'm in desperate need of it, my plant is barely like 5" from the light now... Thanks bro