Harvested my first plant ever. Comments on my drying methods and [pics]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tuffluck, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Ok so i wanted to wait till this weekend to harvest, but After studying the top buds with my 10-60x radioshack microscrope and noticing a few amber trichs a couple days ago, and then a few more today I decided I didn't want to wait to much longer. I am going to let some of my other plants develop longer I want to try some with mostly cloudy, somewhat amber, and mostly amber (since I have 3 plants).

So this is the mostly cloudy with a few amber. I only lopped off the top half of the plant. I am going to let the bottom buds develop more since they were getting barely any light from the HPS (They are now getting the special treatment) :smoke:

Ok so this is my drying box. I am sure its pine. Its got a wonderful smell in it because it hasn't been treated or stained. Its almost like a humador in the wonder wood smell of it.

Anyway Its pretty air tight, its not really airtight but the seals are nice and snug, but I don't really think I can get an oscilating fan in there. Is that really important? Or can I just open the door a couple times a day to let fresh air in, humid air out?

Also I trimmed the fan leaves after clipping I didn't want to do the whole dry, crumbling and sticky method after they were dried out.

Anyway just looking for some comments on what you all think. Thanks.

btw they were 8 weeks into flowering, and probably mostly sativa.

Attached Files:

• c1.jpg
      c1.jpg
      File size:
      61.5 KB
      Views:
    • c2.jpg
      c2.jpg
      File size:
      77.1 KB
      Views:
    • c3.jpg
      c3.jpg
      File size:
      76.3 KB
      Views:
  2. your drying method will work, you dont have to do anything any different than what youre doing now. the fans an option, not anything thats required. youve got some nice looking bud there! hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor :) is your plant more sativa than indica? if the other 2 are the same, you may want to increase your flower time to beef up the buds. most sativa strains and dominates, mature later than indicas.

3. Ok well thanks to the suggestion from another board on this situation, I was informed that this was probably not a good place to dry my bud. No Circulation, probably to Cool, ect ect.

So I have no moved my harvest into the grow room where its warm and much less humid and I can get circulation going.

Here is my new setup....

photo 1 is the setup. I poked 2 holes in the top, ran some string though them and tied it off lose. I then hung the plants in the box.

photo 2 is the box closed and taped up.

photo 3 is the small hole I cut into the lower backside of the box. This is going to be for the circulation.

Photo 4 I have turned the box sideways to reduce the amount of light that was slipping in and then I placed the oscilating fan in front of the hole to keep the circulation going.

All in all this was quick fast and easy, and I think it will get the aok better than what I had setup before.

Attached Files:

• t1.jpg
      t1.jpg
      File size:
      35.2 KB
      Views:
    • t2.jpg
      t2.jpg
      File size:
      47.2 KB
      Views:
    • t3.jpg
      t3.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
    • t-last.jpg
      t-last.jpg
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  4. well i got all paranoid from the suggestion from another user and decided I was going to make sure nothing bad happened. It is a bit cooler in the pine chest, and I cant get circulation in there without having it wide open.

Now I think it will dry quicker, and i have gotten rid of the chance of mold.

thanks for the reply!

I am going to let the others go a bit longer, and wait till i see more amber trichromes.

But this plant defiantely has matured much faster than the others. my other two which have been flowering the same time are still flowering and the pistils are still white and I don't see any fading, wilting, or turning red.

This plant the top buds are really mondo size, id say about 75% of the pistils had turned red, and there were more and more amber trichromes every day i checked, so i figured now was a good time to harvest.

5. yeah that other way will work also. as long as you cracked your cab a couple times a day, would work also, these dried in the closet thats fully carpeted, so very minimal air exchange. they dried perfectly and cured even better.

Attached Files:

6. thats some amazing bud...I have one plant thats similar to that but nowhere near the likes of that wowzaa..

thanks agian.

7. thx man! :smoke: without the city, probably wouldnt been as good!

8. well it's easy the way i do it.............i hang the whole plant upside down, and then i let it dry out at room temp...........till the stems snap, then i'll cure it for about 3 weeks...........dark closet, change the air twice a day, and then cure...........Peace out...........Sid