Harvest timing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NorthEastStoner, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Hey guys first time grower here and my crop has partially ripened. The main colas of my plant seemed to have reached peak size, smell, and kiefiness (not a word but you know what I mean). The lower nugs aren't ready yet so I think I'm gonna give them another week. I was going to harvest the main colas today before the lights turned on, but I was in a rush and couldn't chop before my timer turned on. So my question is:

I want to harvest today but I understand why you're supposed to harvest before the lights turn on. Could I harvest a couple hours after the lights turn off tonight? Or should I just wait another day and catch them tomorrow morning? Any advice helps! Thanks!!

2. Anything? When should I harvest? Don't want to wait too long and lose potency

3. Chop the whole thing, forget all that other bullshit.

Get new plants started soak some seeds today.

4. I take my whole plant and put it in my bedroom while I am starting a new plant. When I get in the mood I clip a bud and throw it directly into my wooden cigar stash box.

5. The bottom nugs are completely covered in white hairs and they're growing rapidly so I don't think they're ready. Also the top nugs have stopped growing so I think they need to be plucked. Do you still think I should harvest all of it at once?

6. no, a little at a time. Big harvests are for commercial growers, they don't have the luxury we small time growers have.

7. There is a whole harvest section that will answer everything you want to know about harvesting.

8. No one has been responding in the harvest section so I brought it here.
    I agree!! So any advice on the timing of my harvest?

9. Does timing the light for the harvest even matter? I've read that undesirable starches are shot into the buds the second light touches the plant. After a couple hours of darkness should my buds be primed and ready for plucking? 

10. How many weeks into flower are u? Pics?I would say Chop whenever its convenient for you. Lights on/off whatever

11. Aint that the truth

If you have flushed the plant properly then all of the nitrogen is gone day or night. Doesnt matter when you harvest..do you have a scope? I usually let the lights go out then unplug the ballast and leave the blower on till the next morning...then the harvest, clean & restart.....the part i hate most.

12. The 8th week of 12/12 lights finished yesterday. I'll post pics tomorrow whether I harvest or not

13. Pretty sure I flushed it correctly. Used only distilled water for the past 2 weeks and even when I fed the plant I always kept it light so I'm confident that everything is flushed out.

Sadly I don't have a scope. I really should've gotten one but it's too late so I'm judging by the hairs. All the white hairs turned orange on one of the main colas, one has 90% orange, another 85% and the last 75%. The rest of the lower nugs are like 50% orange so I really think they need more time on the plant.

14. Better late than early

15. Do you think a long cure would help if he pulls early? Just listening to him I think he could have a 10 week plant. Which seems to be about the medium harvest time.

16. Nope you will just mellow out a speedy immature high...probably is 10 to potential.....youre right 10 is a great baseline.

Which gives him time to find 14 dollars in his piggybank and a radioshack and get a SCOPE while finishing haha.