Harvest time?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reikai, May 19, 2017.

1. Hello, here I have a 15 week and 3 day old plant from seed. It is a white widow auto by greenhouse. I am trying to decide when to take her down as she suffered some sort of nute def. Early in flower. Please kindly advise of your thoughts.

Attached Files:

2. Tough to tell without looking at the trics bro. Although you're definitely close. I bought a 20x Jewelers Loupe with an LED light on it for 5 bucks on ebay. Cant go wrong.

3. I do have a 60x loop trichs are clear and cloudy

• Like Like x 2
  4. holy shit... 15 weeks 3 days!! That must have seemed like an eternity. Some sweet looking buds you got there. i see a lot of cloudy there but no real amber but then again i am just using a zoomed in picture. They look close i can say that for sure.

5. Yes it was an eternity LOL. Im just trying to get a 2nd opinion before i chop her ya know. Here is a link to my journal for anyone interested.
    White Widow auto by Greenhouse

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. This is a branch i sampled taken about a week ago...it was very sticky but gave a total head high.

Attached Files:

7. Love me a good head high!

8. Looks stony. I have to add: When a leaf gets all brown and crinkled like that pluck it off the plant. It's just blocking light and contributing to possible mold problems by also blocking air circulation. I go in my bloom room every day and remove all the dead leaves that come off easy. This also increases light to the remaining buds and helps increase final yield. Keep that plant clean and tidy next time.

• Like Like x 3
  9. #9 Robbie714, May 19, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Like Tbone says take them dying leaves off so more light gets to the buds. You could get mold just like mentioned and in some cases bud rot. You want a clean growing environment. If there's any dead leaves in your pots I would take them out and throw them away. She's close to harvest time IMO. It's personal preference on how you like your high. Either a head high which you got from that nice looking nug you took off a week ago. What kind of high do you like? Head high or couch lock high? 15 weeks for an auto WW doesn't sound right to me. Because white widow feminized only go till about 8-9 weeks after flip. Are you sure you're not using feminized seeds? Just asking because I've never seen an auto white widow go even close to that amount of time, but I guess anything is possible. Is that one plant? She Looks Amazing! Very Nice Buds they look nice and dense to! Good Job Op
    Good Luck!

Btw: some plants won't show any amber trics as they don't degrade as much. did you start to flush her yet? I've grown a plant that went for 17 1/2 weeks it was just a freebie from nirvana and never showed any amber trics. But regardless she Looks Great!

10. Hey thanks for the reply! This is a single plant being ran on a 24/0 light cycle under a mars Hydro 300. She started to flower at day 36 of her life and is now 15 weeks and 4 days old. I did some tie down LST during veg (shown below) and she resulted with 30+ tops. One thing I do regret is not getting enough light penetration to the lower branches. The branch I took down shown above weighed 3.2 grams wet and .8 dry..quite a loss in the drying process.

Attached Files:

11. So if she started to flower after 36 days and your light schedule is 24/0 which is best for autos IMO, some may not agree. Plants lose about 75% of their weight once dried and cured. I don't think I ever heard of an auto going that long. But from what you're saying that's what you're growing. You still have Nice Big buds to harvest so I'm sure you'll get a Nice Yield! Next time you can lollipop so more Energy focuses on the top bud sites.
    Good Luck with your harvest!

12. I hear you want most cloudy and 20% amber all cloudy no amber if you want more energetic high also might wanna try throwing em in the dark for a while before harvest some say it upps res and overall finnished weight after dryi ng

13. Thanks for your reply. I am looking for an all around buzz with the couch lock so ive made a decision to let her go another week or so. I did go ahead and remove alot of crispy fan leaves and she looks way better. I will grab pictures of all that 2 morrow and update accordingly.

14. Welp here are a few pictures of her after the majority of the crispy leaves were removed.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Little over 16 weeks cut 2 branches one is 58 g wet the other 29 g wet trichs cloudy and clear. Rest of her was put back under the light, 3 + hrs of trimming gone into the 2 branches

Attached Files: