Harvest time help help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BryBry, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Ok so I am in a bit of a panic with my baby :( This is my first grow attempt btw.

So I have moved my indoor sativa plant into flowering about a month ago. It quickly started developing clusters of the white hairs and is now in full blossom.

I do NOT have access to a microscope to look at the trichomes.

The white hairs that were the original clusters are now about 50/50 white/orange. They are beautiful. Were are moving into our 5th week of flowering under 150 HPS light in a 2x2 growing space. It smells dank. The buds are swelling. The surrounding leaves are covered in white hairs.

I have searched on these forums for posts and I found one thread that said wait 2 weeks after the first hair turns orange (its been a week since the first orange) and I found one that says I'm in a 5-7 day window after they start turning amber.

Should I harvest soon? now? a week from now? can you tell with this amount of info? I will post a pic of my main cola tomorrow morning. Shes so beautiful. This is my baby!!!!

Thanks guys I <3 you and thanks for the help in advance.

2. Take your time and don't rush. 5th week of flowering? Too soon. Another 3 weeks, at least. All those hairs will start swelling up.

3. Your harvest time should be based on the strain your growing and the tric's.

I myself would wait till their was about a 80/20 ratio orange/white

A good Hydro shop sells the 30x jewelers loupe at a fairly decent price or even try eBay

30X Magnifier Loupe : Urban Sunshine, Organic and Hydroponic Gardening

:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

4. ^ yup you really need a scope of sorts, and also the strain information.

5. 5th week of flowering is to soon. A good rule of thumb is most MJ plants require 8 weeks of flowering give or take some..usually a little more not less. Harvesting to early will result in lower yield. Buds grow enormously more during the last 2 weeks.

6. Get a USB microscope that you can take pics with!