harvest time.. fan leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by toktone, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Hey im new here an was hoping someone can help me.... in flushing my blue widow an was wondering if all the fan an the others leaves suppose to turn all yellow

2. Howdy toktone,

Welcome to GC........Many strains will turn yellow as they near the end of their life and it is perfectly natural. Nothing to worry about IMO. Good luck on your harvest.

Chunk

3. [quote name='"Chunk"']Howdy toktone,

Welcome to GC........Many strains will turn yellow as they near the end of their life and it is perfectly natural. Nothing to worry about IMO. Good luck on your harvest.

Chunk[/quote]

No wat im asking is does all the leaves suppose to turn yellow

4. Short answer no

5. #5 fayn2madness, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
    I'm with Chunk on this one. Nature isn't consistent and unless you are fully automated you will not be either. Maybe you got delayed a few hours longer than you had scheduled to water and you did water but the plants were affected and you will see the effects a few or 2 days later. The same happens in nature, one year you get lots of wet one year you get lots of dry. Or one year weather is perfect and of course it is perfect for the bugs too. As a mite can ride in on your sleeve when you grow inside, nothing is perfect and the cause and affect are not always in your face.

There are many ways a plant might come to maturity in the foliage. Some may have had the ideal or perfect nutes to stay green all the way through and I believe from what I see here that is more possible with the Hydro, I could be wrong but those I see most often get through to the end with the most green are the Hydro and I believe that is the nute source and timing and schedule and those who are best at it.

Chunk is right though, if you look at the photos of the very best growers you will see all kinds of yellow brown edges and all that jazz at the end. The thing about it though is the timing. Is the die off progressing faster than the bud growth? That is the Deal...
    If you can get that balance and recognize it and locked in for the cut off on nutes and sprays you are good to go and no worries. She's doing what she's supposed to do.

Look for people like Chunk and the Deacon and see what their pictures look like and what advice they give to those with problems. Follow good experienced growers, who are having problems and watch them work through them.
    Never panic, the gals want to live as much as you do and they are also all individuals and as Chunk said "Some Strains" each Pheno is an individual and you can grow 4 of the same name and may never get the exact same result, each pot is it's own environment also whether you are all organic or using bottled sources.
    A guy named NumbNutts is growing the Black Russian and is close to finish. She is gorgeous. He has her on video a few times so you can see the progress. I think his most recent one of her is yesterday and there are others from 2 or 3 days ago.
    :smoke::smoke::smoke:
    Any way if you are new to growing and you are close to the end just relax and do nothin else if you have tried something... in other words give it a couple or few days to show you some more of what's going on. for instance,
    If they are dumping yellow leaves because you watered a little late a few days ago, the problem is over, this is consequences (yellow leaves) and move on. Don't add P or N if it isn't due simply because it had a yellow leaf dump for lack of water. If you do then you will go from the one extreme to the other and likely burn them with something they most likely didn't need.

If this is your first grow and you are at the end,,,be certain to take a deep breath and relax.:bongin::smoking::D get a hand held microscope from Radio Shack and enjoy the progression to the point you don't want to see it end.:smoke:
    yes, I am stalking Chunk today to see what I can learn from him

6. Big respect for a Mod response on your first comment; probably whimsy not urgency that brought this about. Yellow leaves as you near harvest, including flushing period are completely normal. I fought my instinct to chop them down as things progressed and was rewarded with several weeks more growth. I worked without nutes or a scope or anything resembling a professional setup but the results were satisfactory nonetheless.

7. a 5$ scope is far from professional but it is a good way to keep him occupied with the girls so he isn't tempted to ruin it by cutting early. Always a danger with newbies.:smoke: