Harvest then reveg and rebud?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mattc707, Mar 26, 2008.

1. So I know this sounds pretty weird, and from what I know, or thought I knew, it wouldn't really work. I thought cannabis was an annual plant and supposed to die after flowering....
    But a guy at work was saying his roommate did this: grew a plant, had it on 12/12, cut off all the buds when it was harvest time, and put it back under 24/0, planning to reveg it, put it back under 12/12, and harvest again.. I had never heard of this and he said that he hadn't either, but his roommate was doing it. Not that I even want to bother with this, but could it work?

2. That's what I just did. I wish I had pics to post. I have three girls with buds left from the last harvest full of seeds and about 6 inches of new growth.

I have cut and rooted 25 clones from them too.

It works man!

3. Damn! Who woulda thought?! So this goes against the plants nature of being annual?

4. I have seen this done before, but I am told that it can take several weeks for the plants to switch back to vegetative growth. If you have the space, and you are trying to limit the time between harvests as much as possible, cloning may be the way to go. (If you have the space/resources). Either way, good luck...

5. i guess so, its an amazing plant, its actualy pretty damn hard to kill one, some people are doing crazy things with plants these days!

6. Thats pretty damn cool.

7. My girls took 14 days to show new growth after I flipped the lights to 18/6