Harvest season is here for outdoor growers

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Old School Smoker, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Ok blades let's get out our 420 scopes for trichomes and start watchin for the white pistils to turn amber. First reports should come in around Oct 10. Others may have to wait until Halloween. Good luck to all growers!

2. October 23 big guy. I can't f'n wait. Might go till 30th

Sent from my LGL86C

3. My first , a Purple Maroc came down on the 13th. a QTxTW 2 days later, BBxWW 3 days ago, and my Sour Diesel yesterday. that excludes a couple California Dreams I cut up for hash cause of mold.

harvest will be any where from early Sept to late November( longer even for greenhouses)

4. My harvest date is no later than Halloween. If I aint got nothing by then, then I guess i will consider it a fail. I harvested on Oct. 8th of last year. That an early-flower. This year's NYC sour D is gonna take a while longer. I don't think I have ever harvested in November in my life. It is possible, but I am too much of a fiend to wait lol.

5. OSS-
    how long from cutting the stalk to smoking for your bumper crops?

And I hope all goes well. Once i conveert indoors my Next op I do I hope to do 6 plants x 8oz a plant = 3lbs every 3 months.. That makes each plant at street value $4400 or so.. That's like $20/g all the way up

If I were to "dispense" this flower, in bulk, what's the going rate per LB / .5 LB?

Sent from my LGL86C

6. IDK I don't sell my herb anymore. About 5 days of drying from the time i harvest to the time i start smokin it. The secret is to let it cure for a couple of months. That way I get high grade,,,,,

7. Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

When it goes in the jar how often do u burp them

8. And how long do I keep the jar open for..thanks

Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I open the jars for about 10 minutes a day for about the first 3 weeks. Shake the bud around in the jar a little. Then the 4th week Just 10 minutes for the whole week. Then they sit in the top of my closet for a couple months in the dark. I might take down the jar once a month and burp for 5 mins. But after that, it's seems to be nicely cured, and I start smoking that shit like crazy. my friends always come over for chistmas and new years because They know I have nice cured bud around that time.

10. I got 12 differant strains I just harvested..I hang them in a dark cool closet for 3 days and today I trimed the rest up nice and put them in glass jars..now I notice the smell is not as strong as they were when growing. Does the smell come back after a good cure
    Sent from my Rise using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 Old School Smoker, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    Yes it will come back  :) And you should have a fan set on low blowing on them just enough to keep the air circulating around them while they dry. Not too much or you may dry them out. This will prevent mold. And dont let the leaves touch each other.