Harvest ready?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GYMRATjoos, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Hey guys this is my aurora indica from nirvana at 8 weeks today? She look ready to harvest?

image-1509675190.jpg

image-762376807.jpg

2. Wait for those hairs to darken and nestle back into the pistils. Might want to start flushing though

3. She has been flushed and drying no water for 1 week and a day , so how much longer u think?

4. What's your lighting situation? And how far away is it from the tops?

5. Lights are all out from the hurricane that passed through here... Been out for few days now and all my other batches that have been on there second week flowering are slowly wilting away and root rotting in there hydro dwc buckets :( they were under a 400 watt for most of there flower but last 2 weeks now they have been under a 1000 watt hps :) but past few days like I saidi gave has no power!!! But they were. Like 10 inches away from tops

6. Well sounds like you should chop then. But if you get the lights going I would say 2- 3 weeks. The pistols should be about an 1/8 to 3/16" at the fattest part. You'll see a huge difference once swelling starts to occur. Which is usually like the last 2 weeks of flowering.

7. #7 DeltaENGR88, Nov 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2012
    Girl scout x og kush ( og cookies)

16 days before harvest
    ForumRunner_20121102_122643.png

What finished product should look like
    ForumRunner_20121102_122602.png

Closr up
    ForumRunner_20121102_122616.png

8. That is some frosty shit - very nice.

9. 3/4 of buds have amber pistols they are literally sitting in front of a window right now for light

10. You need to get a pocket scope and look at the trichopmes.......it's the only way to know when your buds are done. I've had pistols all turn amber at week 5 and have had some plants' pistols never turn color......they are not a way of determining when a plant is ripe for chop.

You've come this far, why not spend the $20 on a scope to ensure you are pulling them at the perfect time?

11. I will buy one now fo sho thanks shiva!!! But just from what u can tell ?

12. Recommend any?

13. And what would be te perfect time? For chop with a scope?

14. #14 BHamBudzNW, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2012
    from what i can see from the pics, the calyx's really havent started to plump, should look more like this. the pistols have "sucked" into the calyx's and there nice and plump. i let my ladies sit in complete darkness for up to a week before i chop them down, i notice more resin production. so since you dont have power i would just let it sit i darkness to help it finish since it looks like it need another 2 weeks. [​IMG]

15. I don't have any specific brand recommendation. Read the sticky guide to harvesting, it's a must read for a first time harvester. I like to chop at about 25% amber trichomes but it's a matter of preference. It's important to look at your trichomes to determine your peak harvest window....it's all explained in the guide.

16. Ty shiva was following rumpleforskins guide simple harvest and cure. What a great thread ! Ty for the take on trichs and also the info on te calyx's and how tey swell in the last 2 weeks ... Going to let it sit by the window for another day or so then leave them in complete darkness. This last two weeks should be nuting? Or flushing with molasses? Do they not need nutes to swell?