Harvest question

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DJBT, Mar 21, 2013.

1. I have a chocolope kush that is almost 7 weeks into flower. It's lst trained and has about 20 bud sites. I've noticed two buds sites at the tops are looking ready to harvest but the rest of the plant looks like it needs a few more weeks. The pistols are about 80% brown or orange as well. I've looked at them with 30x magnification and the tricomes on the two in question look almost all amber. They are closest to the CFL's and the only problems have been one instance where the light were left on for 40 hours as my sitter messed up the lights while I was on vacation. There also looked like there was a ph problem or something and the leaves were spotted and looked rusty. Should I chop these two and let the rest go?

2. #2 Soxfantony773, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2013
    According to The Marijuana Growers Handbook:The Indoor High Yield Guide by Ed Rosenthal: "It may take a month before the plant is totally picked. Picking the plant a little at a time allows previously shaded portions of the plant to receive light and grow."

The few sentences before explains how growers experience all sorts of differing maturity rates......from bottom-up to outside branches-in, and how not all plants mature all at once

3. How bout a pic, we'd love to see it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum

4. did you touch those nugs that have more darker pistils?

theres a nugget on mine that i touched more nd squeezed a bit nd thats the only bud that looks darker

5. image-2365708440.jpg

This is 8 weeks and a day. I think a few of the tops were too close to the lights. I moved them further away. I'd say 70% of the pistols are brown and 70% of the fan leaves have yellows and are falling off. It's been on just water for two weeks. I'm watching those trics everyday and trying not to chop too early.

Attached Files:

6. Flush it. I have had the exact looking grows. My probs were due to over feeding. Good luck!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using GC Forum