harvest or wait

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by 215fly, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Day 52 King Kush

Attached Files:

2. 2 1/2 more weeks

3. Do you think the buds will put on more weight. I have been just been using only distilled water for the last 2 weeks

4. depending on your nutes, you shouldn't have started flush. for example if u use botanicare pro line, you can feed up to i believe 9 days before then i think you would see "more weight" be put on. Now also depending on your soil, like Fox farm Ocean Forest you just watering will also have some feed to it cause of whats in the soil. we need to know what your set up is, and what your feeding you ladies. If anything is wrong some one can correct me but this is just my 2 cents.

5. Quick info
    2' growbox (enclosed) temps 82
    150w hps
    Ffof and Roots organic potting soil
    Roots Organic BuhdA Bloom nutes
    12/12 From Seed
    1/2 gallon growbag
    Plant 1 foot yall L.S.T.

6. Just by looking at it I would say another week. Its OK if you started with ur flushing just continue with it till day 60-65. And of you have a microscope check out the trichs daily to ensure you get a nice mixture of amber and milky. I don't like my kush's more amber usually 50/50. Great work dude can wait to see it finished.

7. Looks gorgeous!
    Try and wait!!
    Definitely go for 60 days, and check the trichomes!

I'm at day 49, and just waiting....!

8. Thanks, I gong to wait till day 65 or 70. Trying to get all the pistil to turn orange. Hey I see you have some girl scout cookies going. Was What from seed or clone?

9. you dont need to wait for every single pistil to dry. up to 5% of calyxes can still have white pistils, by waiting longer you mainly get a more intense couchlock... so if you like that go for it. my 2 1/2 week estimation is a little on the long side (a week less would be ok, too), cuz I assumed that you like all those other people asking when to harvest, where at risk of harvesting too early.

10. I thinking the calyxs will swell more. But I cold be wrong

11. yeah I think I see something like 30% white pistils in those pics... calyxes with white pistils are still growing.

12. Mine came from clones purchased through a CA club locally.

On 2 of my plants the hairs "look" done, but the trichomes say different. They are both probly 20% brown. But the trichomes aren't bent over at all yet.

I just posted new pictures this morning in my GSC thread. Link in signature.

13. trichome shape is not a sign for ripeness, it varies from strain to strain and from plant to plant. some have trichomes with longer stalks, some have trichomes with bigger heads...
    as long as there are no clear trichomes left, youre in the proper range for harvesting.

14. I've been told to watch for the trichomes to "fall over" or "bend over", as well as watch for about 50% of the heads to turn amber.

Would you mind taking a peek at my link?

15. 50 amber is a lot, most growers go with 5-30%. what link are you talking about?

16. This is a whole plant shot . I have a hard time with the microscope, I would like 75% cloudy and 25% amber but not really sure how to judge the ratio considering the trichs look amber when on the pistils

Attached Files:

17. cant tell shit from that pic other than that its got big buds. there are no trichomes on the pistils. as I said before, you can harvest when only 5% or less of calyxes still have white pistils and there are no more clear trichomes, but some amber ones. waiting for 50% amber is a bad idea I believe.

18. That makes sense thanks

19. All cleaned up and naked

Attached Files: