Harvest - Knowing when the time is right

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DaChef, Dec 2, 2015.

1. #1 DaChef, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
    Day 59 of flowering

DWC recirculating system

Need some advice on when to Harvest, I stopped feeding Nutrients 1 1/2 weeks ago,Started flushing with Cannazyme and water, the last 5 days just been topping up with PH correct water

I just don't want to harvest too early
    there are some pics attached

Cheers for Help [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Hey man mines autoflower had just over 70 days now and still not 100% ready..been flushing 2 weeks now but i still think mine has a few more days still got a few white pistils growing..im sure you have seen the best way to no when to harvest is through a 30x or 60x is better microscope or jewlers loupe..or a decent magnifier to see that your thrichromes (crystals) have turned from "clear" to a more milky cloudy colour looking for a more dominant milky colour vs clear..also left abit longer they start to amber a little go orangy brown..is also a good sign the plant can be ready..there are different highs associated with different times of harvest such as harvesting when thrichromes are 50%clear 50%cloudy ..or more amber cloudy..from what iv read and learnt myself if you want that heavy stone "couch potatoe wheel chair weed" let it mature and get some amber thrichromes maybe 70%cloudy milky to 30%amber ..hope this helps dude

Attached Files:

3. Thanks for the reply Ash, there are still a fair bit of white pistils growing on mine, should i give it some nutes to bulk the buds or stick to flushing with water?
    This is my first grow

4. With hydro you can flush about 4-5 days before harvest. 2 week flush is for soil