Harvest jus the tops

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DrWise, Nov 20, 2012.

1. So does anyone know anything about harvesting jus the tops of the plant?

My ladies are pretty mature on the top but lacking maturity near the middle and bottom of the plant.

How will it effect the plant if I cut off the top buds but leave the bottom ones still growing?

Will u get bud shrinkage? Plant shock? Anything else?

2. I'm pretty positive you are safe to chop the top buds, and let the rest of the plants energy be directed at finishing the bottom buds.

Apparently more stress will bring a higher thc content aswell.

3. This is a perfectly safe practice. Most of us outdoor growers harvest the tops, and leave the rest to finish maturing.

Indoors you can do the same thing, but it may be a waste of space and time in your grow room for the amount of yield increase you will get by waiting on the bottoms. Many indoor growers believe its best to chop the whole plant at once and get new plants into the flowering room.

4. Yep it works good. Top buds finish earlier so its a good way to improve the over quality of your buds. The lower buds didn't bulk up as much as I hoped though, they were just more mature and tasty.

5. Exactly. They grow a little, and they improve in quality a lot. This is an example of a popcorn bud that I left to mature.

Attached Files:

6. Thank u to all for the great information :)

7. Also mama your pictures are beautiful thank u for sharing