Harvest is around the corner, prepping for the cure

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Inked4life, Nov 24, 2017.

1. So ill be harvesting very soon and i have a few questions . I want to do a wet trim n hang for 7-10 days befor jaring them. My rh is very low , mid 20 - 40 %. So do i add a small humidifier to bump up rh ? I really want to avoid dry trimming . Also i bought bovea humidity packs 62 % . Do you still burp the jars having these in there. Or are they added once burping is no longer needed.

2. Yes... I still burp twice a day with the 62% boveda's

• Like Like x 1
  3. How long usually in the jars for? My flowers are super dense.

4. Currently its been around 1 and a half weeks since I've jarred them, still burping and I also have relatively dense flowers due the the quantum board. Oh, and I dried for around 5-6 days in 50% humidity 69 - 70 degrees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thats wat im aiming for to. Im in my 8 th wk n few amber n 50 % Milky so i got a week or so

• Like Like x 1
  6. I hope the best for you brotha... Keep me posted!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I wet trim the buds on long branches and use a hanging drying rack. They sit on the rack for 5 days usually. When they are dry enough to break a bud off and smoke I jar them up. I use integra boost 55% humidity packs. When the are first placed in the jars it's common for them to bring a bunch of moisture to the surface. IMO it's almost a good idea to plan on dumping the jars back out onto the drying rack for 45 minutes or so the day after you first put them in the jars.

Trimming later just made more sticky work and it's harder to cut a droopy leaf. Get most of the work done while they snap like a fresh piece of celery.

After that I open the jars about 15-20 minutes a day after a good shake and roll to keep the buds from sticking to each other. The humidity packs really help you not have to burp so often. After about 7 days of opening them all when I come home for a short period I switch to just opening them and closing them again for another two weeks. Of course I smoke them the whole time so I get a sample of how it's progressing. By 3 weeks in the jar they've pretty much reached peak flavor. Depending on strain and how the grow goes they can start tasting pretty good right after the 5 day rack dry. Usually I'm so excited for a new stash I start smoking it from there on out.

I never have time to harvest my entire crop. It can take me over a week of hours of trimming a day. I actually dread it. My wife really pulls through during trim time and helps me get it done to make up for not being the best at actually taking care of the plants. That's my job. Just open the tent and remove a large branch. You don't have to cut the whole plant down at once. Trim each plant one branch at a time and if you don't get done it gets to grow another day.

Just stack your harvest on the dry rack in order of when you cut it down and you'll be able to keep track of how long it's been since trim and when it's ready for a jar.

• Like Like x 1