"Harvest in July" Sour Kush aka Headband

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Pastivity, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Cool Man. Nice plant. Looks good and healthy.

How far along are you? How many days of 12/12?

2. #22 Pastivity, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    16 Days from 12/12
    Almost 6 weeks :wave:

3. #23 Pastivity, May 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Pistils are popping out of nearly every top

Attached Files:

4. That seems to be a slow starter. How come you have the rope on the fan leaves?

Id reccomend using it to directly grow more branches.

5. I think the blade above you is referring to LST ( low stress training) by appling that rope directly to a branch instead of your leaves. Here's a thread all about how to do it. http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/122936-how-lst-low-stress-training.html It's a lot more usefull if you are trying to maximize your bud growth. Plants are looking good so far. keep up the good work! :smoke:

6. Thats not the right attitude to have.

You need to get "un-lazy" so you can smoke MORE weed. :smoke:

Since your this far into flowering already and it doesnt look like its been topped it may be a little harder. But the branches that are most developed should be tied out to get more light and allow more growth by getting more even distribution of that light.

You have lights surrounding it? Tie the branches out away from the plant. ez pz.

7. Full flower mode

Attached Files:

8. Thats not the advice I was giving bud. I think you may have misunderstood.

Dont tie fan leaves at all. Tie the branches. Open the plant up. Train the lower branches out into their own spot so they they have room to make a little fat bud.

I dont personally have any specific pictures for this on hand. But take a peek at the pics of my mother plant I just posted. You can get the idea. CLICK HERE

But on a side note. She's looking healthy. All systems go.
    GL.

9. How is she coming along?

10. Yes I'd like to know just ordered the beans last night.

11. Hey what happened with this grow?

12. I was wondering the same thing!

13. Me too popping my beans today

14. I just grew out some of this (almost ready to harvest). Really bushy, leafy plants. I'm not thrilled with the bud to leaf ratio on this strain. BUT a few days ago I accidentally broke a small branch off and today it was dry enough to sample. It's some good tasting bud, even without proper drying or curing. I can't wait for the rest.

15. I have seen one grown outdoors over 7ft tall and 3ft wide it stunk like nothing i smelt before hmmmm.... Anyways it was a huge tree it had like 4 months veg before first two litlle hairs showed very unstable in wind tho !!! Butdefo worth hving a go at but it is very pungent on smel!!!! From what i remember of the tree i saw!!!

16. This grow journal did not make it to harvest day - just as I had predicted the moment I saw the cheapo LED panels you were using to grow. I used the same ones on my first indoor grow. Never again. I hope you got at least a few joints out of your plant. Don't waste your time with LEDs. Go with HID lighting and make it worth your while. Even the best LEDs are just 'okay' during the veg. stage, but a huge waste of your time during flowering.