Harvest in 50 days. Impossible?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by brucewarren, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I do not care about yield, I just want harvest in the absolute fastest time possible. Is 50 days an impossible goal with this setup?

100w CFL (27k & 65k) [pc grow]
    FFOF
    BMO nutes
    either TNT kush (indica) or lowryder (autoflower)?

Any way to force or guide bud/trichome maturity? I have heard anecdotal stories of UVB light supposedly causing earlier trichome ambering. Or perhaps 12/12 from seed with the AF strain?

Any suggestions or wild theories very much appreciated.:smoke:

2. Yeah jones is right. Not even rational.

3. You would harvest and rebuy the same month.

4. lol. so true :rolleyes:

5. thats like buying into a poker game short handed. Your there to play, but not for long, and its going to cost you more money in the long run than what you started with originally.

^ doesnt even make sense, im blasted.

edit: impossible

6. I say improbable but not impossible; only way to know is try. My bagseed project has one girl who showed her sex on 14/10 veg cycle before the end of the first month. I think if I had switched her to 12/12 I could have finished her off within that time frame; currently, she is what I call my "Granny Plant" kind of the living watermark for the other girls around her. Even on the 12/12 cycle there is a marked difference in the maturity and pace for each individual strain; if I had labels for them with known characteristics for a reference, I would have a clearer idea of when to look forward to harvest.

7. Lowryder2 you could pull in 60 days . From the time they pop but i found them to be most potent a yield more at 70 days. I think you might need a few more lights tho.

8. thank you everybody. I'm gonna try with lowryder and if it doesn't work, oh well, at least it will be a good learning experience. +rep all

9. lol...with CFL's...IMPOSSIBLE

10. with an indica clone..straight to 12/12...and a HPS...yes...

11. I have a Cole train pheno that's finished at 5 to 6 weeks with tight sticky buds and great trainwreck flavor but thats naturally. You wont be able to force its hand manually. Ride the storm out.

12. I'm reconsidering. Plan for 60 days. Give it a few more days of darkness. Give it a try. If there is a way to get a hold of a clone. Your in a great situation.

13. Pineapple chunk is listed at 55-60 days flowering...I'll find out if that's how long it takes under my conditions soon (30 more days according to their schedule, but I've fucked up a little bit, I'm a noob).

14. I've been running pineapple chunk for over two years. My pheno is 77 days. Sativa dominant. This plant is one big pain in the ass to grow. Good smoke though. I commented on it in a thread about it earlier.

In short in my experience with PC 55 or even 65 days is laughable. I've taken it to 90 and it still doesn't look finished. At 77 the buzz and flavor are there so I chop then. At 70 the flavor isn't as strong.

15. hehe I saw that post just a little earlier and agreed with you. She is picky, especially with nute levels and ph.

16. Yeah all of a sudden I see some posts about the pineapple so I'm all over the place. Finally get to share some info and give back to the city Haha.

She seems to like a lower Ph. 5.5 - 5.7 in hempy. 6.6 - 6.7 in soil. Steady dose of quarter strength nutes and maybe 2 feedings at half strength max. Seems sensitive to nitrogen especially. I can hammer it with bloom and its cool.

You can really see each phase of flower with this one. The requirements seem to change with each phase.

17. Yeah all of a sudden I see some posts about the pineapple so I'm all over the place. Finally get to share some info and give back to the city Haha.

She seems to like a lower Ph. 5.5 - 5.7 in hempy. 6.6 - 6.7 in soil. Steady dose of quarter strength nutes and maybe 2 feedings at half strength max. Seems sensitive to nitrogen especially. I can hammer it with bloom and its cool.

You can really see each phase of flower with this one. The requirements seem to change with each phase.

18. sweet seeds fast bud... fastest possible time is 55 days from seed

19. My current 12/12 bagseed project gives me the feeling that 50 days from seed to harvest would be a longshot and definitely dependent upon genetics and light and nutrients. They are flowering nicely but at least a month from being a viable product.