Harvest Estimates

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by somenewgrower, Nov 15, 2018.

1. My first set of plants are getting older and older. Here is my Critical feminized auto-flowering crop which I began germinating on 9/22 and sprouted 9/27. I was wondering how much longer I will need to wait in order to harvest? I do have a jewelers lope to watch the trichomes but I was hoping to get a feel for how many weeks are left.

This plant has done pretty well. Despite being careful, I gave it too many nutrients at one point and the ends of some of the leaves were affected. The leaves started yellowing and crinkling up a bit when flowering began. I suspect that is mostly normal since the plant is maturing but also worth asking on here.

file1-1.jpeg
    file-1.jpeg
    file2-1.jpeg

I have a second plant that has ridden the struggle bus since about the third week of growth. I'll post pics and details the next time I water her.

2. How is it growing, outdoors or something? What was the date that flowers first started showing? Looks at least 3--4 weeks away imo. Yield, prolly 1-2 oz

3. that plant does not look good.. all that yellowing this early in the game. no bueno.

looks to be about 3-4 weeks into it's flowering cycle... so depending on strain i suspect you have a minimum of 4 weeks left.. assuming you have figured out/addressed the problem with the leaves.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 1-2 wet maybe....

An auto 7 weeks in so looks are correct?

Older and older lol, she's a teen! She's got ages left, I'd say at least 5 weeks.

I don't understand why people say autos are easier there not! But anyway looks okish for yor FIRST time?
    Looks like not enough N. Also maybe a little too hot/close to the light.

Some deets regarding space/temps/nutes?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. auto's are not easier, clones of females are best you know what you are getting, pheno wont change.
    Each new bean has a chance of being a bad one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lol come on dont crush him

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. It is indoor in a grow tent. It started flowering about 2.5 weeks back.

Oh, jeez lol. Didn't realize the flowering took so long. I haven't done anything to fix the leaves :/

It is in a grow tent (32"x 32"x 64"). Temperatures range from 70-75 degrees typically. The plant has been exposed to warmer temps (maybe up to 85 tops) earlier in its growth. I'm using a BESTVA Elite-600W LED for the lighting which is placed 18in above the plant, but not centered above, because I'm also using it to light another plant. I'll post pics of the setup in a bit. I wasn't able to try nutes until 2.5 weeks back. I gave it half dose of Dyna-Grow bloom and half a dose of Foliage-Pro at that point in time. Then about a week ago I gave it half a dose of Foliage-Pro again. I had a regular watering in between. I didn't think anything of that being too much, but as I read more, and saw the signs of nutrient burn, I realized I was mistaken. I haven't fed the plant any nutrients since.

I think the main problem with this grow is that I didn't have a PH meter until 3 weeks back. I didn't realize my tap water was PH 8.5 and that is what I have been feeding the plant since day one :/. So the plant has only been receiving properly PH'd water (6.5) for the last 3 weeks. I think that pretty much covers all the bases. I would count getting any usable smoke out of this plant as a success. I've definitely learned a lot throughout the process and I actually just planted two more seeds to begin my second, and hopefully more productive grow.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. i'd do some more research specifically with how you should be giving nutrients in regards to the stage of growth/type of medium you're using.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OK you are on the right track. The newer growth looks better which is what matters. I would add cal-mag, make sure your soil isnt compacted, and BUDSWELL.

10. I'm using FFOF soil with no additives for this grow. I'll be doing 75% FFOF and 25% Perlite for the next one. I didn't get the nutrients until late in the game and I had a hard time finding a good schedule for auto-flowering plants. However, the next time I do it I'm going to start with much smaller doses.

Thanks for the advise. I'll look into cal-mag :). I didn't compress the soil by hand but maybe watering did over time :/

11. 1-2 quaters... maybe...if its super wet.. maybe...:bongin:

12. Here is the set up, btw. The plant in the pictures is the one on the right. The one on the left is in terrible shape at this point and has lost all of its fan leaves. Glad I grew two at once to have a fallback, although I'm not lighting as well as I should be.

file-2.jpeg

13. that light can definitely be closer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I run autos ime u need better

15. Better l
    Lights and to water her wen soil is dry and water with molasses from start to finish

16. You have some $ to invest in some bits for your next run?
    Specifically a new light and different nutes?

I not heard of that light and googles it I found this on this site

LED Light (help?)

Basicly someone thinking of buying a bestva in a 3x3 but getting better recommendations. If you got enough money pay attention to t-bones post about the hlg boards, this is what I use too, there the best led's but also one of the most expensive.
    If not got the money look at adding a Mars or viparspectra.

I don't Know about your nutes and can't be bothered to look into them. But sticking at quart strength the whole grow is not a good idea. You want to start at quart strength if you don't know the nutrients but you definatly want to get as close to full strength as they can handle. A little burn is nothing just tells you you found your max dose, just dial it back a little on your next.
    If you got the money get the fox farms trio for soil to go with your ffof.

The soil is most likely the reason you've got it so far on so little nutes. It's very good soil!

Ah yeah the ph issue isn't good. But I think again the soil has help'd out. I think ffof is a good soil for auto buffering ph, if you do with this soil again get some dolomite lime added to the soil and you shouldn't have to worry about ph.
    On a side note if you can get bio bizz products where you are get the bio bizz soil and nutes. This is all I use and I'll be able to help much better. With bio bizz I stopped testing ph a long time ago, and I think mine is nearly as high as yours.

Also I'd recomend to stay clear of autos, for now anyway. You have much more control and time over a photoperiod plant!

17. poor girl.!
    hit em with 1/2 strength Foliage-Pro on their next watering or 2.!!
    then alternate half strength Bloom and 1/2 str Pro every watering for 2 weeks,
    then drop down to 1/4 str still alternating Bloom/Pro until the trich's r ready for harvest.!

with directions like this, i need to publish my own watering schedules.!! LOL

18. Switch to hydro, triple growth rate and no guessing on what nute that they need.

19. I used between 1/3 - 1/2 strength Bloom the last time I watered (Friday afternoon). The condition of the plant does not seem to be improving and it even looks as if more nutrient burn has occurred. I am waiting on the Cal-Mag to arrive. Any other theories on what could be causing the leaves to pale and drop off this early in flowering?

20. the leaves r yellowing and falling off due to low Nitrogen, the nute burn is due to too much Phosphorous.