Harvest before or after I leave for two weeks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Deleted member 717028, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Hey guys,
    So this is my first grow. And in two days my Northern Lights will have been flowering for 3 weeks. So this is my problem: On the 21st of December I will be leaving for two weeks. Which is 4 1/2 weeks from now. That should be about 7 1/2 weeks of flowering when I leave. If I harvest before I leave it'll have to be at like 6 1/2 weeks so the buds can dry before I leave. But I also know how so much of their weight is put on during the last few weeks. And if I harvest after I get back it'll be at almost 10 weeks. Will the plant go bad by then?
    Of course I can't make a final decision until I see how their progress is later on but I wanted to see what you guys think.

Thanks for reading! :bongin:

2. That's a tough one.

If it was me, I'd wait till I got back. I'd rather have mature bud than unripe bud.

Just me though.

3. I'd wait, the buds only grow bigger and less potent until the plant dies. The only thing I would worry about it mold but have a fan running for a few hours a day and you should be fine.

Sent from my W100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. harvest day before you leave, set out to dry while you're gone for two weeks. I've done this before. works great. if you're worried about them getting too dry, just remember to leave the whole plant intact, and some moisture will return to it during curing.

Sorry for the late response guys.
    Anyway, I'm probably going to just harvest when I get back, depending on how ripe it is at the time. So I guess I will see.
    And dishphead, if I do decide to harvest before I leave I'll definitely try that.
    If I do, would I trim the buds while still on the plant and then hang to dry? Or just chop and then hang, then trim when I get back?
    Thanks a lot for the feedback! :smoke:

6. chop and hang right before you leave, and then when you get back trim. If you have someone you can trust who's around, ask em to check on it every now and then for mold.

7. Okay got it. I appreciate it!