Harvest 2013 - Thanks to Grasscity, my 1st outdoor grow gets a thumbs up from me, how about you?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Jules Winnfield, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Great day here - feeling proud of my first outdoor effort.

I wasn't sure I'd ever say this, but I'm actually tired of trimming.

In fact, I got the point yesterday when I stopped trimming popcorn buds less than an 2 inches and just threw them in the trim bag- got plans for that later.

I grew a few years ago - indoor in a box that I built and info mostly from weedfarmer.com, and things came out pretty well because I believe I have a green thumb.

But this year, I wanted to try outdoor, and I happened to have access to some top quality seeds. I started late, mid June, but think I did pretty well considering.

Honestly, I think my yield probably doubled as a result of knowlege I acquired here on GC.

I've been drying this week and finally started some weighing today.

Here's the pile I trimmed earlier - we believe it is blueberry kush:

View attachment 127258

A closer look:

View attachment 127257

Here's how that plant looked going into its last 48 hours in darkness:

<div> View attachment 127256

This trimmed bud weighed out at a little more than 14 grams:

<div> View attachment 127260

Not to mention the battle I had with budworms - I lost a couple of ounces to bud rot caused by the pests, but thanks to info & help I got here on GC, I only lost probably less than 10 percent of my total yeild to damage.

Still drying some plants but the first dry weights are in: one indica dominant plant yielded 72.19 grams, another similar indica yielded 26.9 grams. Another that is probably Lemon Skunk (a sative dominant definitely) yielded 50.27 grams and already smokes smooth and produces a FANTASTIC high - can't wait til it cures!!!

So thanks again fellow Blades, couldn't have done it without ya!! New England growers unite!

I love this shot:

<div> View attachment 127259

Feel free to comment.

Peace.

Jules

</div> 
    </div> 

</div> 

2. Congrats man! What part of the world were you growing in? I got some outdoor buds drying right now from a grapefruit plant I had.

3. #3 Jules Winnfield, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2013
    Thanks Phil!

The good ole USA - northeast.

Best to you and good luck with your harvest.

Peace.

Jules

4. Nice man Im northwest, washington state, I will have pics of my dried crop soon :)

5. Well done.

6. great post here, that harvest is mighty fine as my first time was when I was much younger and turned up as a bust. Hoping to post some pictures of my take this year with 6 bagseed plants outdoors.
    Residing in Maryland,close enough to the northeast too :hello: :smoke: 

7. Looks great man imagine next year!

Making plans already!!!

9. Update - that plant that we suspect is Blueberry Kush weighed out at 42.30 grams - no bud rot at all and no damage from budworms!

Next one that wll be dry enough to weigh will be the one we thought might be the Jack Herer... should be dry enough in another day or so.

On a slightly sadder note, I lost some finished product to mold - not too bad though, caught it early - fortunately, it was not the Lemon Skunk at all ( it was mostly from one of the indicas that had really thick buds. I've learned that thicker buds sometimes need even longer to dry out. Oh well, another lesson learned, and fortunately not too costly. I picked the moldy buds out of the mason jars and I've gone back to drying the buds that were still moist.

And, I have one plant that is just taking forever to finish- planted same exact day as the others which I chopped about a week ago. I checked the trichs this AM and most were very cloudy. I wonder if these calyxes will finish swelling before the plant dies - leaves are getting more and more purple.

One benefit of some of the plants finishing later is that my BT and Spinosad applications seem to have had more time to protect these plants better. I suspect the plants that flowered later were not as attractive to the budworm moths and budworms when their invasion was at its height. My two last plants have not shown any budrot or signs budworm or caterpillar infestation. Good thing, I'm almost down the bottom of both the BT and the Spinosad bottles and really didn't want to buy any more til next year.

Gonna pick up a stainless steel turkey baster at Bed, Bath and Beyond during lunch break - another great GC idea I picked up here...

Stay tuned Blades.

Peace.

Jules