Harvard Study Finds Fluoride in Water Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProvidencePlant, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I havent avoided cavities. I drink flouride water.

2. Those who don't believe the studies that show the benefits of fluoridation should just drink bottled water, don't use tooth paste with fluoride, and if they have children have them do the same. Let's see how long it takes until they and their kids have cavities, like the examples in the article I posted.

That's the problem with some people, they take everything they have for granted, don't realize what has benefitted them, and then complain about it.

It's simple, if you don't want fluoride you don't have to use it. As for the rest of us, we're going to continue to have fewer dental problems.

3. #83 Brenjin, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Good diets according to the kids' parents.

There were no real controls.

Did you even bother to read what I linked?

Your acting as if our bodies over millions of years created defenses for everything but cavities.

Why should it be natural to get cavities?

4. Fluoride is naturally occurring in water, so no... you don't really have much of a choice in the matter.

You can choose to drink bottled water, but there is no regulation requiring bottlers to disclose how much fluoride is in the water.

There are filters that remove fluoride, if it is truly a concern for you.

5. #85 Brenjin, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012

Of course I can buy a filter or use bottled water but why should I be forced to pay for the removal of Flouride when it's added to my water supply?

I have to remove a poison that someone else specifically put it by means of my tax dollars. So I actually pay for it to be put in and for it to be taken out.

Why is that how things should regularly be?

As for the Flouride occurring naturally I'm well aware of that but added Flouride is the problem I'm speaking about.

6. in canada
    you can see how much flouride is in the bottle and dasani has no flouride,

7. My kid doesnt drink fluoride water but brushes with it twice a day and got 2 cavities so i dont know...luckily they were his baby teeth but still..Im still not on either side or the argument just not paranoid about it mind controlling me

8. The article is about fluoride in relation to IQ but many of you are drinking it in hopes of brighter teeth.

Proof positive that it will lower your IQ.

Perhaps you should eat spf50 sunscreen to prevent sun burn. :rolleyes:

9. #89 chiefton8, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    The article in question, scientifically speaking, is suspect at best (borderline garbage) and proves nothing. Did you read it yourself, or are you just agreeing with it because that's what you want to hear?

10. #90 UU_ood, Aug 1, 2012
    It's obvious diet has much to do with cavities, as does flouride. Diet alone does not work for everyone. Plus, the diets explained in your sources are difficult to achieve, it's very difficult to avoid things such as processed sugars.

And I don't know why you're bringing up "defenses" for cavities. Historically, our oral hygiene has sucked. It has sucked until: surprise surprise, the last century.

Also, I didn't see any control in a human's diet in your links either.

11. If you didn't see any controls then you didn't read them correctly.

And it's not difficult to maintain that diet. Not difficult whatsoever.

12. #92 UU_ood, Aug 1, 2012
    No, you didn't read your own links correctly.

Whole Health Source: Unrefined vs. Refined Carbohydrates and Dental Cavities

This didn't use humans as its sample, it used human teeth.

It's important to keep in mind that these results are not necessarily directly applicable to a living human being, who wouldn't let a mouthful of wheat porridge sit in his mouth for five weeks.

They even say that their experiment isn't actually applicable to humans. Nice try, though.

EDIT: Actually, your third one did use human trials. But the most successful diet excluded common foods like bread and cereal. Grains are completely excluded. I don't think it's that easy to eliminate these foods, as you claimed.

And the worst diet included one that was intentionally high in oatmeal because it is rich in phytic acid. Not a very common diet, either.

13. Haha it's funny, you ignored the studies that dealt specifically with humans and only discussed the others that although not human related all prove my point.

The first link is pure human studies. Only 4% of the Masai have cavities and they don't even know what Flouride is.

As for the diet:

You don't have to remove grains from your diet completely you just have to prepare them correctly by removing the phytic acid by means of activation of phytase.

It's not difficult at all.

Read more on the subject.

14. Did they test the natural fluoride levels of water? You do realize some places have even higher natural fluoride waters than fluoridated water, right? These aren't even controlled studies, by the way. I'm sure you knew that.

15. Did no one mention that floride calcifies the pineal glad? (3rd eye, where supposedly dmt gets produced (sorry for referring to an unmentionable but just stating))
    Seems terrible fo yo brain.

16. Of course I knew that I'm not an idiot, I only said there were controls not that this is a controlled studied.

You would only say that if you were really stretching to disprove me.

So please look into it more. I don't want to do all of your research I just wanted to show you you were wrong.

17. 160 and 7 cavities.

Number of cavities are highly correlated with IQ. Fact.