Harvard Study Finds Fluoride in Water Lowers IQ – Published in Federal Gov’t Journal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ProvidencePlant, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Probably not much worse than they do today - but there was a lot less sugar and other garbage in their diets in those days and this is easily seen by the comparatively higher rates of obesity and diabetes that children suffer from today.

Ask any dentist that's been in business for a while, or retired - the older ones remember how bad people’s teeth were years ago, before fluoride.

I don't know if it causes lower IQ, but it's definitely been shown to improve dental health.

2. I just got back from the dentist and he claims I have 4 cavities.. Not sure if I need more fluoride or a doctor that doesnt attempt to scam my insurance..

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHNYenN7OY]Dr. Strangelove - Fluoridation 1 - YouTube[/ame]

4. Ask your dentist how many years they spent studying the effects of toxic buildup in the various glands of the human body and they will just give you a blank stare.

Study shows fluoride may not help teeth at all

5. It is pretty weird they put it in the drinking water..since when did the gov give a shit about people's teeth? Can't even get dental on Medicare and some states Medicaid

6. Honestly dude?

7. Found him!

2nd

8. This explains how Obama and Bush were elected.

9. Look I have IBD as well. I couldn't absorb nutrients for shit either until I fixed myself with proper diet.

Confirmation of and explanations for elevate... [Neurotoxicology. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI
    Effect of concurrent chronic exposure of f... [Drug Chem Toxicol. 2009] - PubMed - NCBI
    Evaluation of fluoride-induced oxidative... [Biol Trace Elem Res. 2011] - PubMed - NCBI

This took me three minutes to find and its barely anything compared to what else is out there on the subject.

This is not up for debate. Flouride is neurotoxic. It has no place in our water supply.

10. I'm sure everyone with kidney disease appreciates their water being fluoridated.

11. Yes, honestly. The fact that you people can't connect the dots in the most simple of patterns, yet alone identify them leads me to believe you MUST be victims of fluoridation. Fluoride is a neurotoxin for fuck's sake. Like aspartame, ever heard of that one? Oh wait you probably consume that daily as well in your diet soda.

12. Celiac affects millions of Americans, yet under 5% are aware that they have it - this causes many dental problems that are not linked to bad dental hygene.

Small amounts of fluoride have not been shown to be toxic. If it was, our life expectancies would be a lot shorter. This study was about larger amounts.

13. How do you get diagnosed for celiac?

14. Please keep the illuminati, eugenics stuff out of this thread, Max. I'm not trying to have this thread moved to Pandora.

Thanks.

15. No problem, I understand.

That is why I never mention the word anymore. I just want to show historical facts that nobody can deny.

Just ignore my post everyone; and don't drink the kool aid.

16. The standard methods include blood tests and a Celiac-disease endoscope exam.

17. Probably because when it's brought up in Pandora's Box, it's a rant on how its a part of the government's population control program and the Illuminati is out to get us.

18. #58 chiefton8, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    I read the original article in its entirety, and I would most certainly say the science is suspect at best. Even the authors admit the data is weak in the article. Basically what we have here is a classic example of the media picking out stories, misrepresenting them, and their followers blindly agreeing without actually checking the quality of the source first.

Here is a post I made in the science forum detailing the inadequacies of the paper from a strictly scientific perspective.

19. [quote name='"garrison68"']
    I'd gladly sacrifice a few IQ points if it means no cavities, root canals, extractions, gum infections, bridges, crowns, implants and astronomical dental bills.[/quote]

If you really think drinking fluoride does any of that, than the governments plan to lower citizen iq worked.

20. Don't try to use logic, in no way is it supposed to fit any kind of cogent argument. You have to be one hell of a mental gymnast to make sense of it, and then you're just fooling yourself...