Harvard Poll Shows The Kids Are Starting To Wake Up: Millenials Have historically Low Levels Of Trust In Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Apr 29, 2014.

1. http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-millenials-have-historically-low-levels-of-trust-in-government-2014-4

I wish I could talk to those who do trust government and ask them if they have ever read a history book. I mean seriously how can you know history and think well this time they are telling the truth. I also lost a lot of faith again when I saw that over 50% have a favorable view of Hillary Clinton are you fucking kidding me? You guys just fell for Obama because he did the whole first black president deal and now they are going to fall into the same trap again and vote for Hillary because she would be the first woman president? Jesus Christ on a one legged T-Rex you people are dumb.  

2. I was just actually thinking about this the other day. Ive noticed so many people my age talking about how much they hate the government, police or think that a revolution is gunna happen during our lifetime. Still to many people trust the gov though

3. Fuck yeah let's take this shit down!

4. Why cant we all just get along...

O yea... because elites profit from conflict.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hilary used to work for Monsanto. But I bet there not friends anymore right?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I'll be happy when the trust level falls below 10%. At this rate of corruptness and ease of acquiring information I give it 20 years. Revolution sounds fun

7. #7 rain dancer, May 1, 2014
    Last edited: May 1, 2014
    Guess obamas "yes we can" really woke people up.

Guess thats what happens when you target people getting an education. They watch to make sure youre not talkin out your ass...

And if you are, then lies breed distrust.

Is what it is.

Edit: 1 in 4 trust the nsa? For real?

Smh

8. Don't worry it's only a matter of time before the next obama comes in and tells everyone how they are gonna change washington DC....

9. #9 Deleted member 469440, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Good..

Edit: sorry drunk post :p i'm already seeing "i'm ready for hilary 2016" bumper stickers.. that kinda disturbing imo..

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

10. I've heard that Michelle is interested.

11. A repeal of Citizens United might go some way to finding decent, non corporate shill candidates in the mainstream American parties.

12. Your dreaming, 99.9% of politicians are and throughout history have been power hungry corrupt sons of bitches and they always will be. 

13. You're probably right. Citizens United makes it that bit easier for them to reach 100%. I can only think of one highly principled politician in the whole of Europe at the moment - Janusz Palikot.

I feel that pressure groups are a better way for political activists to have a voice without corrupting influences - there's people of all sorts of political stripe here, the only thing that's generally agreed on here is to legalise cannabis, which single issue pressure groups can take better care of. No mainstream political party in the USA or UK will dare to come out in favour of ending the war on cannabis (at least Trudeau in Canada has the balls to say so), however pressure groups like NORML and NORML UK can unite cannabis consumers and advocates into an increasingly powerful force.

14. #14 forty winks, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014

can't forget the role of capital in this power equation.

we - field slaves

politicians - house slaves

capitalists - masters

15. The state is much more powerful than any corporation. 

16. However we can be assured many corporations wish it otherwise and are actively looking to do so.

17. While increase of distrust is good, those numbers are still way too high, especially with the powers that be making more and more power grabs than ever before... It needs to hit like... 5%, and fast

18. #18 forty winks, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014

Would the state, in it's current configuration, even exist without capital?

Also, is the state more powerful than all the corporations put together?

Imagine what the state would look like if money and lobby interests were removed from the political sphere.

19. #19 Boats And Hoes, May 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    How impertinent to think that, and presume, just because a bunch of rich whiteboys have doubts about the legitimacy of governmental acitivity, this means that kids are "waking up". Over four generations of minorities have been going on about political indecency and corruption...

20. my bigger fear is that most of the "rich whiteboys" dont really understand a damn thing about government, politics, economics, etc. and simply hate the government because of market crash, ows, viral campaigns, etc. told them to. theyre like the ows protesters that were out there because its something to do and cant even define capitalism except as a bunch of strung together buzzwords theyre repeating.