harsh review of phish and the dead

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by boxesofrain76, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Why Do Hippies Still Exist in America?

"The Grateful Dead is notorious for the intense availability of every drug known to mankind at their concerts. Young people tempted into this illicit world rarely return unharmed. Entering into these events, one is assaulted by sexual and psychedelic demands that push you into naked frenzies and hours-long blackouts. The music itself is harsh and overwhelming, crafted to outrage our most basic moral instincts. It celebrates an elite form of hedonism so sickening that one imagines the deepest pits of hell couldn’t possibly be more terrifying. Children have long been cursed into lifelong spirals of wanton sexuality and extreme political fanaticism after being exposed to this sort of experience."

"The Phish play for a younger, more innocent crowd less concerned about social activism and more preoccupied with a sarcastic disdain for conformity. The songs revolve around the absurd, yet still force the simpleminded to celebrate self-indulgence and radical consumerism. For fans of The Phish, life is about expressing an identity through purchasing “green” products and watching adult cartoons. They will abuse drugs and frustrate their parents, but never enough to land in jail or lose their allowances (even into adulthood). Masturbation and LSD are also shockingly common in this crowd. For your average Phish concert-goer, it’s not uncommon for them to awake in odd circumstances (at the side of a road, wallet emptied and their body covered in bruises, for example) with no recollection of what transpired the night before. This cycle of amnesia is what keeps them coming back for more shows as they try to figure out what they could have possibly done to themselves."

2. I am not particularly a fan of the Dead or Phish, but this review sounds like it was written by someone who hasn't enjoyed the finer things in life - like weed or lsd, or sex, or a sunrise or sunset. It's almost like the author ventured into his subject with his mind made up. The worst kind of writer-author-artist imaginable. Peace.

3. well put

4. lol amnesia is addictive?

"haha, I dont remember shit....lets do it again!"

5. i agree 100%

6. This review and the original article read like they were written by J Edgar Hoover.

7. lol Christchurch
    "The Phish"
    "Masturbation and LSD are common..."
    so many things wrong here...
    Dead shows dont evoke images of hell, but I guess Christchurch members wouldn't know...
    This just made me laugh