Harsh coughing on vape

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Psmurf33, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Hey all, well I have the Extreme Q and usually I pack the bud in the elbow part of the whip. Well whenever I take a hit I ALWAYS cough really hard like worse than any other piece. I use bowls bubblers my bong and I cough so hard on the vape?? Is this normal?

2. Are you inhaling to the point where it almost hurts to take anymore in? Usually when I vape, I take lots of smaller hits as it is easier on my lungs. 

3. Vapes really dry your throat out. Drink water before and during, and try passing the vapor thru some water (vapor-bonging)

4. Because vape hits usually last longer than a regular bowl rip when combusting, you are getting a lot more prolonged heat to your lungs.  Depending on the vape and the design of it some will have you pull for like 10-30 seconds.  That's a lot of time for 280 degree Fahrenheit vapor to stress your lungs.

5. What temps do you use on your vapes usually?

6. the temperature is proabably too high, lower it and then try vaping. If its too high it will burn your throat and much more, causing coughing

7. Usually, it's not the temp that causes this but the dryness.   Try vaporbonging through very warm water.

8. Finally tried this with warm water and it works. Complete accident but I don't regret it happening.