Harmonica

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheGanja, Jan 17, 2009.

1. yea im planning on getting a harmonica soon, i got no idea about them. who can help me out? put up links and shit cause i have no idea how to play it.

2. Do a Google search.

3. Buy a pack of a few different ones. They have some decent 5 packs on musicians friend.

I suggest spending a bit of extra money as I've heard cheap ones ususally deter people from playin.

Anyway, harmonicas are each based on a Key, so if you're looking to jam with a guitar player he will either have to play everything in lets say... the key of B or you will need more than one harmonica.

4. Harmonica's seem awsome.

5. #5 tommydaboy, Jan 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2009
    i picked up harmonica about one year ago when i was on house arrest for about a month.. its not as easy as it looks. the first thing you need to learn before you dive into actual songs is getting down ur single notes. single notes is when u can blow or draw(suck) through one hole at a time(that sounded sexual) this could take from 2 days to a few weeks to learn. if u cant blow single notes u sound like a jackass. http://www.harptab.com/ was a good source for me but i would suggest youtube tutorials, those helped the most. especially 12gagedan on utube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g7eVkb-FTQ"]YouTube - Harmonica Lesson For Beginners[/ame] hes great. one last thing u never never ever want to be the "plays the harmonica to much guy" people will tell u to shut up or like one of my friends break ur god damn harmonica, asshole. oh ya practice ALOT... buy a hohner marine band key of C, it will run about 35 bucks... cheap harmonicas will piss u off

6. so if you buy a harmonica key of c, it will only be c?

7. i heard that if you stick one up your ass,,,,

and fart,,,,,it'll make music,,,,?:cool:

8. key of c is the easiest to play. You can start playing with other people once u learn to play

9. alright cool. thnks.

10. What did the paramedics say to you when you told them that? :smoking:

11. les stroud can play a mean harmonica

12. You sir, are quite correct. I love playing Harmonica on camping trips arounda fire with your homies and beer and weed and guitar....Granted I'm not as good as Les Stroud, I do love Surivorman and when he plays harmonica on that show because he does play a mean harmonica!