Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Harmful Effects of Marijuana List

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nahitscool, May 15, 2010.

1. I've provided two sources.

How about you provide some sources with some information stating that it can?

I've done more than enough presenting of facts without being provided anything. Sources you don't trust are better than no sources at all for your facts.

Also, me chill out? I'm the one that's been flamed constantly and attacked while presenting information in a calm collected manner without attacking anyone.

2. Uh... Yeah dude... John's Hopkins did a study (as have others) which conclusively prove MJ does cause (for SOME people - not everyone) a slight degree of chemical dependence. Once again, there is propaganda on BOTH sides of the argument, so it is important to do a LOT of research... Preferably using medical journals.

3. Gladly:

Fine particulate matter causes COPD:
    Information about Particulate Matter (FINE)
    Health and Environmental Effects of Particulate Matter | Region 7 | US EPA

And here's a really good one (http://erj.ersjournals.com/cgi/content/full/21/40_suppl/47S):

Smoke (of any form) is a form of fine particulate matter.

I can post more if you want...

4. #86 Unwise, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010

No. Reports with evidence that cannabis only users can get emphysema. The fact that THC is a bronchodilator relieves you of your theory that the "fine particulate matter" is what's causing it.

I've provided 5 examples now stating that marijuana smoking does not cause emphysema.

You've provided zero.

The reason why I won't accept your "fine particulate matter" theory is because that is not the cause of emphysema.

From: http://www.emedicinehealth.com/emphysema/article_em.htm

5. 1.) Erowid has a lot of shit that's just flat out wrong.
    2.) Once AGAIN, the studies showing weed doesn't cause cancer are stating that the AVERAGE cannabis smoker will not get cancer, ONLY due to the fact that they are not smoking AS MUCH as a cig smoker.
    3) Weed contains approximately the same amount of carcinogens, tars, and noxious gasses as tobacco does (some a little more, some a little less, but overall they're about the same).

I like how you even argue with a medical journal... And you do so with links to erowid, lmao...

6. I've provided many more links for you to look at other than Erowid. It's hard to denounce one website with several others agreeing with it.

And you've yet to provide me one even questionably legitimate source stating that cannabis smoking will cause emphysema.

Until then, you kids can have hug and hold your anti-cannabis propaganda.

7. ^Wtf?

8. Yeah, even though I've posted 3 links, one of which being a medical journal, another being an air quality website... Which clearly state it DOES cause COPD (COPD being the new term for emphysema, as it's usually found in conjunction with chronic bronchitis).

You're right, weed is a BRONCHOdilatur. Emphysema starts in the BOTTOMS of your lungs. Thus your argument about it's bronchi dilating properties keeping it from causing emphysema are very much irrelevant. Did you not read the link to the medical journal which clearly stated fine particulate matter is a major cause of COPD?

I guess not.

I'm done arguing. Flat out dude, you need to do more homework, and stop believing everything you read on erowid, or in hightimes.

9. Then get out of here because you've yet to show one report, along with the rest of your lackies, that cannabis can cause emphysema while I've shown several stating that it doesn't.

Peace, kid. :wave:

10. ...last time I checked I last a good 4 times as long with weed. How the fuck does that not boost someone's sex drive?

11. Yea dude, I get mad horny when i'm high. Stupid govt.

12. Guys, we need to remember we're on the same side. Unwise, you need to remember that there is nothing scientific about bias. Science needs to take a completely neutral position when investigating a subject. Does smoke damage the lungs? Yes. Is it likely that moderate cannabis usage will cause COPD?
    Current research says no. Is it totally innocuous? Absolutely not. Of course there is damage. But cannabis is complicated in its effects on the body. There's risks, but possible benefits as well. Everything in moderation.

13. The point is that several control studies have been done and all of them indicate that the smoking of cannabis is not a concern for the contraction of emphysema. Studies even show that heavy cannabis use will not cause this.

Have I once tried to assert that the inhalation of hot combusted plant matter is 100% healthy? No. I understand the concerns for that. But they're not as serious as contracting emphysema.

Is emphysema a concern for cannabis only users? Science says no, clearly.

14. Go back to school and ask that dumb bitch how many people have died from cannabis, then ask her how many people have died from her "modern pharmaceuticals"

15. I know thats true, but doesnt THC (or atleast something else in marijuana) kill cancer cells.

I dont know, but I have to say I really like you. Im tired of how many people on here act like marijuana doesnt have a single bad effect, even in the slightest. Its far safer than what most non users say, but then a lot of people on here take it too far the other way.

16. I concur.

Most of its effects are relative to the user.

17. Yes. Current studies have claimed that it won't cause emphysema. Trust me, I'd love to believe its true. But I can't say with a hundred percent certainty that I'm not putting my lungs at risk for something bad. Maybe not emphysema, maybe chronic bronchitis, some kind of lung damage. Like I said, nothing has been proven.

18. hmm, seems 2 me that a vape/edibles solve this problem, it just boils down 2 the person, if your that worried about COPD then just vape it or eat it, we all consume the plant, bickering over little details is pointless, me personally i smoke it because i believe theres little 2 no chance of getting anything from the smoke, honestly since ive started smoking my lungs seem healthier believe it or not, and hey if smoking weed and being happy my entire life means one day i might have some lung trouble when im older or even die from it (srsly doubt it but ya never know) i'm willing 2 accept that, i'd rather die from immense happiness then worry about getting some disease my entire life, just take another rip guys, and remember smoking is ment 2 bring ya peace, not aggravation :smoking: