Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Harmful Effects of Marijuana List

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nahitscool, May 15, 2010.

1. You just negated your own statement.

2. Increasing heart rate isn't neccesarily a bad thing, caffeine will do that too. Your heart beats about 4x faster when you have an orgasm.

Lots of people have heart attacks/strokesduring sexual activity but never during cannabis use.

3. This is why I hate the heart rate argument. They've never actually studied the heart rate increase to see if it's a bad thing. They just assume that it means your heart is going to explode.

It doesn't make it beat any faster when you go for a jog or walk, and it doesn't beat insanely hard like it does after exercising.

4. I have to say,

quite a bit of it is true, like, are you all so naive as to deny that smoking recreationally isn't for your health?

5. We all agree that this is a load of shit.

/thread

6. Most doctors would agree that a glass of wine a day is not harmful and maybe beneficial. Dr Tashkin who came out with the landmark study that said there is no link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer mentioned the same might be true for smoking occasionally. But cannabis is less dangerous than alcohol. Do the math:)

Why must we assume that just because weed makes us feel good there must be some health trade off?

7. No it's not. Educate yourself.

8. im gonna stop smoking now. that list is so informative and factual. i believe all propoganda.

9. #29 HIGH IQ, May 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2010
    Lets see. What does Marijuana do, for Mr. HIGH IQ....

Most importantly...

It cures 85% of my depressive symptoms.

Cures my social anxiety, which helps with the last 15% ^^^^

I get headaches on a massive scale sometimes....cured.

I have insomnia and a messed up sleeping schedule...cured.

It helps my digestive system.

Opens my lungs up, it might possibly be helping my asthma.

When I sing after I blaze up, I sound clear as a bell.

It makes me much smoother at guitar. Although im quite good.

It has taken my already great connection with nature to another level.

It makes me content with the things I have, but at the same time I dont lose sight of my personal goals, I just rethink them and make them more reasonable.

I can find almost any show enjoyable or comical. Sesame Street could blow my mind.

I find music more enjoyable and soul reaching.

My mind is more open then ever before.

I can see deep in to my soul.

Ill eat anything pretty much and love it.

the list goes on.

I can think of only of one side effect. That is a week long period of short term memory loss after I hadnt smoked in about 3 weeks.

That actually could have been me stopping my caffeine consumption after 8 years of that as my main liquid source (coka-cola)

So yeah. All natural. No big business. No side effects. All symptoms cured within 5 minutes of toking up. I wake up the next day feeling like living, and feeling peaceful.

10. SAT\t980/1600\t1030/1600
    Psychic ability\t1/25\t7/25
    Sperm count\t21 million/mL\t93 million/mL
    Lung capacity\t92%\t89%
    Weight\t-2 lbs.\t+8 lbs.
    Mini mental stats\t27/29; 2/3 words\t24/29; 3/3 words
    Super High Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    results from super high me.it increases sperms count

11. Lower sex drive? Pfff, ever since i've been smoking i'm the horniest i've been in a very long time.

12. lmao I love stuff like this. THC binds to cannabinoid receptors, it does not release any "feel good" chemical, for starters. It's not like THC's mechanism of action is foreign, the human body contains the endocannabinoid system, aka your body creates cannabinoids naturally. That's the only reason you get high off weed in the first place.

13. TOO...MUCH.. BULLSHIT!!!

[​IMG]

14. Yes. But they won't hear that. They're hell-bent on comparing cannabis to drugs which fuck around with your neurotransmitters. :p

15. Sleepy, Bloodshot eyes (depends on person)
    Increased Appetite (depends on person)
    Impaired ...shit... (I personally don't believe this, though I've had my doubts)
    Increased Heart Rate

16. its all bullshit, marijuana doesn't have any harmful effects except to your wallet. never fear though, THEY cant perpetuate the lies forever. eventually THEY wont be able to hide the truth anymore.

cant wait for that day ;)

• Irritates membranes of the esophagus increasing chance of developing cancer[/B][/B] of larynx and esophagus.

exactly, that is why marijuana is prescribed to people with cancer

17. How is "Increase of Appetite" a bad thing? Lmfao. Food is awesome, it's good for the body. That's why a lot of anorexic people use weed.

18. wow, bullshit, pure 100% bullshit, and as for the debate on the heart rate thing, well i have hypertensen AND a heart mirmer (not sure how 2 spell those) and ive been rippin fat bong hits for almost 5 yrs now, my mom has a history of heart problems, shes been smokin since she was 13, my dad aswell, weeds done nothing but help, let me put it this way, weed helps me so much, i used 2 be incredibly depressed a super pessimist, i mean just horrible, i have a short temper, always used 2 go 2 places and pick fights, i mean i was pretty fucked up, since i started smokin weed, its like im a new me, i mean, ppl who know me, they can tell when im sober, im just not myself unless im high, hell, weed even saved my cousins life, an actual docter asked him if he smoked weed, he could tell, when my cousin said yes he said, the weed probally saved your life, because everytime he got into it with his daughters mom he'd smoke a blunt, anytime he got stressed he'd smoke, the fact that he did that calmed him and helped his high blood pressure or w/e, idk im bad at explaining things but the docter himself said weed saved his life, they shouldnt be allowed 2 teach this propaganda bullshit in school, its just lies, they should teach the facts, pisses me off cause kids hear this bull from ppl who they think are real docters or w/e and think its true, thats criminal, lying 2 children so they'll buy prescription drugs when they have a problem, the world would be a better place if ppl would just rip a fat one, i know ppl who take/sell perscription drugs, i mean wtf, they sure as hell arent better, from what ive seen they have a date rape effect, is that what the schools teaching nowadays? sry if im rambling, i get carried away, anyways, just educate yourself plz, dont buy into that bullshit :smoking:

19. Its all government propoganda.