Harley Davidsons- Love em, hate em, why?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Tigh, Nov 24, 2012.

1. I have searched around the forums and read various bike threads, but most of them are too old and I don't want to drag up old threads. Especially cause i'm new.

What I did find is a lot of hatred for loud Harley's, of which I happen to ride for personal reasons. I was hoping that maybe I could explain some things that may seem annoying to people that don't know bikes. And also to chat with some fellow riders and get to know people here.

Hopefully we can all be cool cause whatever your ride i'm sure I can respect it :)

2. I love em. I love motorcycles, bullet bikes in general but harleys are mostly a red neck thing but I think they're bad ass:) I wish I had one

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was born in Vancouver, CA so very far from redneck. But I think I get that stereotype cause the other day my buddy and I were approached at a gas station by some racist nutjob preaching his hate mongering and apparently thought we'd be into it. Well, he figured out pretty quick that we don't stand for that kind of shit.

I get the bullet bike thing but I got a harley cause I just can't tour north america on a speedbike

4. Haha yeah I plan on getting a motorcycle within a few years:) most Harley drivers I see have the long mustaches, leather vest types. There's a couple I met who are pretty cool and not like that who drive one. A few of my friends have bullet bikes, they're way fun to ride on. But overall I like motorcycles better. I'm kinda a hick so maybe thats why. But one of these summers I'm gonna go thru Texas and Cali on one or in a mustang convertible.

5. I think they've become too trendy...

6. i don't hate Harleys, i hate the majority of people who ride them...same goes for the guys on Hayabusa's with a 330 rear tire and a 16" stretch, said 'Busa riders are on a death machine and the helmet they wear wouldn't save their life if they were on a childs tricycle.

My grandfather worked for HD back in the 70's, designed the carburetor for their S&S motor, did most of the R&D work for their S&S motors and ran their top fuel drag team. My first bike when i was 16 was a custom bobber he built out of 1976 Shovelhead, the bike had many prototype parts he designed in the 70's that never made it to market. I wish i never sold that bike, didn't realize the sentimental value until i was a lot older.

My mom has an 883 Sportster Hugger, my dad had a fully custom blacked out Night Train until his back hurt so bad he couldn't ride it any longer.

also, my grandfather passed away about 8 years ago from throat cancer, cancer he got from working with Harley. He used asbestos cutting wheels and grinding wheels when he worked on the S&S motors, he never smoked a day in his life either.

7. Hey greenc...

Boobs?

8. Hate Harleys. Theyre loud and annoying. I like supermoto/streetbikes better.

9. So very hipster of you

10. they're not trendy, they're just the motorcycle made for men with a Napoleon Complex, lol. The bigger the pussy of a rider, the louder the pipes are.

11. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']
    So very hipster of you[/quote]

:confused_2: I think I am too old to be a Hipster. If not, oh well, I've been called worse.

12. :laughing: i was only joking.. Didnt mean for it to be an insult

13. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']
    :laughing: i was only joking.. Didnt mean for it to be an insult[/quote]

I wasn't insulted. ;)

14. Well you shouldve been! :devious:

15. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']
    Well you shouldve been! :devious:[/quote]

To be offended would mean your opinion matters to me...
    :rolleyes:

:poke:
    :laughing:

16. :laughing:

You know how to tug the heart strings

17. [quote name='"TinManThaBoyBoy"']
    :laughing:

You know how to tug the heart strings[/quote]

:D
    Yes, it is a specialty of mine... :laughing:
    Must be why I've got men lining up at my door.
    Oh, wait... :hide:

18. I dislike people with the "loud pipes save lives" mentality. No. They do not. They do annoy the fuck out of everyone around you though and possibly are distracting enough to increase the likelihood of you getting swiped by some idiot "cager". Unfortunately for the Harley Davidson company, the majority of those numbskulls prefer their brand of motorcycle.

19. This post contained : sadness

Its ok sassy, youll always be my wife

20. loud pipes wake my daughter up and piss me off, my neighbor put his stock pipes back on his imported Japanese piece of shit v-twin that looks just like a Harley after my wife went over and bitched him out for warming his bike up at 4am before he left for work.