Harlequin Ac/dc New Clone Issues

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by MaineOm, Sep 22, 2014.

1. I just got some new clones that aren't looking so hot (or perhaps too hot). I received the clones about a week ago and noticed immediately that the AC/DC was spindly with twisted, clawed leaves.
    IMG_0225.JPG

The Harlequin clone had dense leafing, but her leaves looked dry, crispy, and their edges curled upward.
    IMG_0226.JPG

Both plants had very small leaves but were tall (AC/DC was about 20" and the Harlequin was about 17"). The plants are growing in 6" square pots in a 50/50 mix of perlite and coco. The medium was VERY dry when I received the plants.

After much reading I assumed the plants had been nuked with nitrogen causing toxicity. I flushed the plants with pH 5.8 water two times. I then tested the coco pH at 6.5. The plants are currently under an 18" 4-t5 light with a gentle fan across the plant tops. The rh in the 2X4 tent is 41% with a daytime temp of 80 and a night temp of 70-75. I am about to add a SolarFlare 220 LED to the tent (once the plants are looking better). 

Yesterday I gave the plants their first feeding. I am using Roots Buddha Grow at EC 1 and pH 5.5. Today the new growth on the AC/DC is starting to eagle claw.  IMG_0216.JPG

The new Harlequin leaves don't look too happy either: IMG_0209.JPG

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

2. Could this be a Broad Mite infestation?

3. Nah, you need to get your ph down, run-off should test 5.8