Hard water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Frank Guthrie, Aug 19, 2016.

1. I get my tap water from a well which has sulfer as it smells like eggs (not rotten). My question is has anyone had experience using this water on their plant and any good or bad results? Iv switched to rain water to be safe. I set up a kiddy pool to catch large amounts of rain.

2. Rain is good. Tap water from a well can come with extra minerals; some wanted/unwanted and needs to be ph balanced.

I don't use rain water indoors due to critters. I run my well water through a Britta filter. I use a ratio of about 75% filtered to 25 unfiltered and then pH balance accordingly. My results are outstanding.

Be kind. Learn your craft. We are one family.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice I got well water was thinking of going to in organic setting I might just stick with the well water any cheap tests for Ppm?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Do you want cheap ? or accurate ?

• Like Like x 2
  5. I found one thNks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Has anyone had experience using your well water? It sounds like a gamble if I'm honest. If it has a smell to it I'd be a bit concerned. It might be worth buying a cheap ppm meter or if you get it tested, check out the analysis breakdown. Collecting rain water is certainly an option, it should be relatively clean. Installing a reverse osmosis filter might be worth considering

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thank you brother.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice point since plants are so sensitive to even 1-1/10 of a point on the pH scale depending...