Hard Water Stains Help

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by showzo, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Just got a new  piece , a full size circ/13, and i dont want it to get any water stains.
    My other glass has slight water stain..my headford Jacuzzi has them, along with salt deposit  , not bad though. I know its from the tap water, and i should be using diltilled water, and i am now going to.

Im wondering if filters such as PUR and Brita filter out any of the stuff that causes these stains/salt deposit

Only respond if you actually know please 
    Thanks

2. Yea i had this happen bad to some of my glass and was stressing about it. did some research and found out vinegar gets rid of it pretty good. I read somewhere to soaking ur piece overnight fixes it. but i just quickly shook about 200ml of vinegar in mine and it come up pretty good, I think. I do this about every month or so now. so yea try a bit of vinegar

3. Thanks, I know the vinegar trick, but I wana prevent myself from even needing to do that

4. gotta rinse with distilled water i guess..  i think using hot water stains it more i'm not sure though.

5. Huh, never really thought about water spots before on my glassware. Does it even effect it or are you guys just kinda perfectionists and want really clean glass? I've always used tap water to rinse(and my town doesn't even have the best tap water) and I've never noticed any problems.

6. Just buy a gallon of purified water and problem solved. I make my own RO water for use with my bongs and my aquariums. And the PUR and Britta filters wont do shit for that.

7. never used it myself but I hear simple green is a good product to soak your piece in.