Hard to trust again..

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Invisible Toker, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Hello my fellow blades, it's quite odd. I have loved once in my life, I trusted her with everything. Wrote her love letters, brought her flowers while she was at school, lunch when she forgot it. Buy her nice things, I tried my hardest. She left me, she left me and the same night ran off with another guy. This was two months ago. I had cut contact 5 weeks ago. I still think of her multiple times a day. Her friends say she does the same about me.

However, after the betrayal I had endured I could never go back to that. I'm finally opening my heart up and trying to find another girlfriend. But I just find it hard to trust. No one I really find is what i'm looking for, they're either to busy living this life style of destructive decisions or pay no attention to I.

I mean one day I will find another, of course there is no doubt. However, I'm a very impatient blade. I miss being able to have a girl that I can call my girlfriend.
    Someone I could spend time with and just talk of the most random things in life and find joy in doing so.

So my relationship with this girl was 14 months, How long should it take til I no longer think of her? and why in the hell is it not noticed I am boyfriend material and actually something to offer? I have a job, car, in college, nice cloths, nice colognes, talkative, and fun. I have high standards, but It seems I've only been talking to a few girls that meet these standards. But I feel as if I'm the gum on the bottom of their shoe.

2. Just do your thing and eventually a girl will follow.

3. I feel for you, my brother.

Come one day, a little over a year ago - I found out that my girlfriend of four years/fiance of two, had been playing me, fucking the cook at the restaurant she worked at. Like you, my good man - I had given this girl absolutely everything. She was my world. Needless to say - that tore me completely to pieces.

Details aside - it was probably one of the most devastating, emotionally traumatic events of my life. It has taken me this long to simply re-assimilate myself into life without her. Every now and then, it still bubbles up and tries to take hold of me.

Time heals all wounds. It just may take a good deal of time. The best advice I can give you - don't try and forget about it, that's not gonna' happen. You'll have to learn to live with it, and over time - you'll be able to learn from it, realize that it wasn't you that lost her. It was her that lost you.

Do not quit being the great guy you are, question yourself, or dwell on why she wasn't able to appreciate these things.... You will move forward, and eventually meet someone who CAN see, and appreciate these things.

Any girl who cannot, will not, or does not - is simply not worth your time.

/Selah

4. I'm really, really, feeling you about this one. I just broke up with my first love, we dated for a year and right now I can't even imagine having another relationship ever again (ofc I know this feeling will go away eventually but it's kinda natural). You have to wait long enough for your new relationship to be started on a clean slate. That means no baggage, no trust issues cause of your ex gf and so on. It must happen when you'll be ready to trust again. Otherwise, it can't work out.

5. Its really hard to trust after somebody fucks you over really good, but you have to remember that as long as it isn't the same person, it shouldn't happen the same way. Unless, of course, you have a bad time selecting the person you want to date.

6. i can relate with the OP so much here, its amazing how at first you think youre the only one going through something so devastating but then you realize "im not the only one :rolleyes: lol".

what do you mean by do you and eventually a girl will follow?

ive been single for 10 months now and ive definitely been doing me but i feel like unless i put myself out there and get some lines in the water im not going to get a girl

7. I think that most guys here feel your pain man. I've only loved one, she dumped me about 5 years ago and have had no contact with her but I still have thought about her everyday of my life since then. I'm not sure if that's normal but I can't help it. After all I felt through that break up I've become somewhat emotionally numb.

8. I can totally understand you. You should Learn to trust again. If you don't then you will be pushing people away. And they will eventually leave your life. You need to be strong. See where it went wrong. Try to see it from her side. If she doesn't want to then let it go. Whatever happens happens. Right now try to fix it on yourself. You can't get over her just like *that. If you love her you wont really get over her until you meet someone knew. You should be open, honest, and trust. Without that a relationship cant form.

9. Most young people choose to make mistakes. The smarter ones stay back, watch their friends bang their head on the wall and learn. Finish college and you'll find the girl fr you when you least expect it.

Give trust sparingly. It is the ONE thing I don't think anyone should make mistakes with, because you don't get many second chances in life. My philosophy is to never make the same mistake twice.

I applaud your reluctance to take back a person who didn't love, respect, or cherish you. She isn't worth the dirt on your shoe and she thinks of you now cuz the other guy showed her she was a whore and he doesn't want her now. So she wants to not feel like the whore she knows she is and you were the guy who made her feel like the classy girl she's not.

Don't seek out love. Be real. Love and realness go together like pb and j and when you're real, love will find you.

Peace.

10. I'm sorry to hear it man. Try to think of trust outside the relationship context, if you got robbed by one dealer, would you quit buying weed?

11. Funny thing guys.. Last night. Went to a party, the girl who took me came back to my place and well... I figure you guys know the rest.:cool: Real nice girl. I feel odd about it though, mainly because I was so intoxicated off alcohol.:eek: She thought nothing of it really. Which is a plus, because It was not in my game plan last night to get laid or even touch a woman. :D

12. Damn bro, it sucks....dis-remembering girls, but it's much easier just dismembering them instead if ya catch my drift *creepy look*

13. #13 Invisible Toker, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2012
    Just watched Hostel. Great movie. Saw a lot of people get torn apart. :devious:

Edit: It's a movie from 05. Written and Directed by Eli Roth.

"Three boys are backpacking Europe and get told about a hostel filled with hotties, they agree and leave post haste for Slovakia. After arriving they are taken and sold to the highest bidder so they can be killed. However, one of our main characters Paxton has something else in mind.