Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hard to get high

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by guttmuncher, Nov 16, 2009.

1. I have only been smoking for a bit now. Ever since my MS started getting bad, and I got my permit. Anyway, I have been smoking everyday and I find that when I smoke in the morning I can feel it big time, but the more I smoke throughout the day the harder it is to get the high feeling. I only do about 1 or 2 hits before I feel it really good in the morning, but just a couple hours later I have to smoke the whole bowl before I even feel it. And by the end of the day, I've gone through a lot of weed. Just wondering why I start out the day as a nub and end it like a champ (for me anyway)?

2. not sure, maybe your tolerance lowers slightly overnight?

3. I don't know if this helps you at all, but to me it seems like the first bowl of the day(no matter what time) seems to be much more effective, if I don't wait until I'm COMPLETELY sober, no feeling at all, then I just don't get as high. I understand it may be hard to wait until you are completely sober. Maybe you could try a less powerful strain to start off, then work your way up through the day. Never tried it though, tell me how it goes if you do.

4. this happens to me too sometimes. i think of it as a "short-term tolerance" buildup. a lot of our perception of being high comes from how different it is from when we're "sober" AKA just before we smoke. since you smoke earlier in the day, you get nice and lit fairly quickly since you just came out of a nice long (relatively lol) break while you were sleeping. afterwards, you have to smoke a lot more to feel the new "high," since its being compared to the high you're riding from the morning smoke

5. Take that part out or you'll get banned right quick brah

6. A the people above said. "short term tolerance" research it!

7. i dont understand?

8. For what, being ill?

9. hes not breaking any rules

10. By "MS" he means Multiple sclerosis not Middle school. Understandable misread

11. If you can handle it, try smoking twice or at most three times a day and wait till you completely sober up before re-medicating. I find that once you brain becomes sober for a while, as soon as THC is introduced again you can get high. If you already are high, it takes a shitload to get more high.

12. its because the cerebro spinal fluid (which is the vessel for which drugs are circulated in your brain) in your brain has not yet been circulated. i believe that it takes like an hour to circulate but may also take like 5 circulations to fully pass... :(

13. Really guys? ahaha that guy above I think was referring to the I just got my permit, which that person thinks that means "I'm 15 and i can drive next year".